Do you or have you felt this way?

Im 17 years old,

I'm attracted to 20-25 year olds.. Yes that sounds bad I know. But its funny to me how If I was turning 18 tomorrow, everyone would be fine with it.. I understand older man dating someone younger could lead to the younger person getting taken advantage of but honestly if the age of consent is 16, and we are not having sex regardless then whats wrong with it? I'm a smart gal, and I know how to control myself.

But I just wanted to get a guy and girls point of view, if you've ever dated someone younger and tell me how it worked out.. Thanks.

Most Helpful Guy

• its awkward for the guy until the girl is in her mid twenties if he's older. As well it can get complicated if the girl is going to be in college.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm attracted to25 year olds too 😉 and yes I'd date someone younger. You however are not legal yet. So keep that in mind.

What Guys Said 3

• I wouldn't date an underage girl but there's a number of other dudes 20-25 that will. I kind of find them creepy. And there is a maturity difference (well there at least should be one if they are both mentally healthy). between a guy in his early to mid 20s and a girl in her teens.

• I disagree. Girls mature faster then guys do.

• They usually start puberty on average 2 years earlier than guys. That's the only thing about girls maturing faster. It doesn't translate to always being 2 years ahead since both reach final development at around 25.

• Na its not bad at all. I've always been told age is only a number.

• If he's going after your age, that should set off a red flag. I know that if a girl your age went after me (I'm 26), I would def. turn you down. That's wrong

• Well , we met (he's 23) asked me how old I was and I told him. Then he told me that we can't 'do anything ' and be friends for now.

I don't think its wrong, I have myself figured out.

• I'm telling you, it's wrong

What Girls Said 5

• Im 18 and im dating a 25 y. o guy and i started dating him when i was 17 ( him 24 ) we love eachother so much and he is my longest relationship that i want to last forever lol its just perfect we even forget our age gap ^^

• I feel you, girl. I once liked someone who was 23 years old… now I know it would've been weird to have pursued anything with him. There's a huge leap between someone in their early-mid twenties and someone in their late teens.

• I dated a guy one year (two grades younger). Probably the best experience with a guy I ever had (until it went bad after two years). But most relationships end eventually.

• I've always been told it's awkward for the older one in the relationship because at our age we can't drink in public etc so if he wanted to go to a club girls our age wouldn't be allowed in :/

• If you're 18 dating up to a 21-22 year old, okay. But anything over that just seems odd.