Girls and guys, who pay for dates?

• Girls
  • Guys
  • Both (share or take turn)
Actually, im my country (Asian). Its kind of obvious that guys have to pay. However, me and some of my friends (girls) choose to share.
Again.
In my place, traditional way: guys pay
Me and my friends - girls choose to pay.
Clear enough?

Most Helpful Guy

• I tend to be like "it's fine I'm paying" and they're like "But you paid for it last time, and I told you I'd pay for the next time" and I'm like "I don't remember that so whatever" and then I end up giving my card and then the other person is like "but..."

So I pay like 3 and they end up paying like 1 at some point later because I'm weird like that, but normally I'd say people ought to want to pay for their own half, which ends up in sharing/taking turns.

Most Helpful Girl

• Depending on the date we either split (movies: he buys tickets, I buy snacks) or take turns (he asks, he pays/he surprised me at my school so I bought us dinner).

What Guys Said 15

• Do I have a red cross tattooed on my chest? No. I'm not a charity, and you're not poor.
    The bill should be split.

cdn.diply.com/.../...ea-4bcb-a706-f6083418bd1a.jpg

• Whoever did the invitation is usually the best way, but this generally means the guy is almost always paying and first. In an ideal world, it should split from start to finish, but that won't happen CONSISTENTLY anytime soon.

• It depends on whos budget works best unless of course your married then its 50/50.

• Personally, I see it the opposite way. Partners should split the cost of dates or take turns paying to keep things fair- unless there are specific exceptions that are agreed upon by the couple, or one person is totally broke and the other is a millionaire.

Once you're married, your financial resources are usually shared anyway, so it doesn't matter who pays.

• @samhradh_leannan spliting the cost can be messy payment wise though its the most fair. It could be out of gratitude that the man or woman wants to pay the bill. Ex. B-day, valentines date, or one half doesn't have remotely enough money in their budget to pay the bill. (like in those kinda odd relationships where its the one half is so much more wealthier or just cause of family's wealth. Where its so much that its impossible to split it.)

• If there's a situation where there's a huge difference in financial resources between partners, then it's up to the couple to decide how to handle that. Maybe the wealthier partner will pay more, but that's only one way to handle it. The couple might simply prefer to choose activities that both people can afford. It shouldn't automatically be the wealthier person's responsibility to cover every payment simply because they can. Many people, on both sides of the coin, would feel very uncomfortable with that.

• This is the way I roll:

1) First dates all the way up to the formalisation of our couple are paid by me, and only me.

2) When the relationship is created, I think it should be in turns.

• Usually guys pay but in these days many prefer to share or take turns. Spliting the bill seems to be the most fair to me.

• It's only fair

• 'Its kinda obvious That guys have to pay'. I wish I never meet a girl like you

• Hey im talking about the traditional way in my place. But ME AND MY FRIENDS- GIRLS CHOOSE TO SHARE. Whatsoever, read my opinion clearly again.
      Before you judge someone maybe you should read their opinion CLEARLY first? Tks.
      And i dont want to meet you too.

• First date I like to. But once we are actually dating a little give and take is nice.

• Both pay their own order! Simple

• Me and my wife take turns paying for dates.

• I think the guy should pay at least for the first date. After that, it can be either

• Guy should always pay

• Depends how hot she is

• Normally if the girl likes the guy she will at least offer to split the bill to make a good impression. That said most men are ready to pay the bill if need be.

If a woman doesn't pay her share then it lets the guy know the woman expects us to fulfill our gender role, so she had better be willing to do the same, or cough up her share of the bill. It is the mixing and matching of gender roles that cause so many men to lose respect for women. Pick one or the other because we aren't going to be the only ones stuck in a gender role.

• Splitting it is the best option.

What Girls Said 11

• I always offer to pay no matter what. So C =)

• You either split it or take turns.

• Often like to go Dutch but sometimes the guy insists or pays before I realise 😂

• I would like to pay for myself on the first dates because if it doesn't work out I would feel like I have to repay him or something, but if we're in a relationship, I like things the traditional way haha :p

• The boyfriend and I usually split the bill or one pays one time and the other pays the next.

• If it's the first date, the one who asks the other one out.
    After that, they should more or less split the cost.

• We pay for ourselves usually. Sometimes one of us will treat the other, especially if it's our birthday or anniversary. Otherwise, we grab our own bill.

• Whoever wants to. in my opinion splitting the bill is the way to go, unless one person makes significantly more money than the other.

• The person who initiates the date should pay

• We shld be paid.

• My boyfriend and I take turns.