How can I convince my boyfriend that implants aren't that bad?

At first, he was okay with my desire to get breast implants. But then I notice him getting bothered by me actually calling and making appointments with surgeons to discuss it. And he's been telling me how much he really prefers I didn't go through with it. Why is he changing his mind? Did he not think I was serious? I just want him to be okay with it again because I feel this will cause problems in our relationship.

Most Helpful Guy

• He probably thought he was okay with it untill he saw you actually going through with it and now it's actually sinking in.

So he's realized that he does not want you to change your body like that. I don't know if you could convince him otherwise, few men want fake breasts.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it's best to first discuss with him WHY he changed his mind. Ask him what changed between the time of you expressing a desire for the implants to actually making appointments. Maybe he's scared that something might go wrong, maybe he prefers the look/feel of your natural breasts, maybe there's another issue. What I'm saying is, try discussing and figuring out his exact reasons. Then, go from there.

If he ends up not knowing why he doesn't like it, then he really doesn't have much ground to say yes or no to your implants. However, if he has valid reasons, you guys can both discuss your pros and cons, and take things from there.

Ultimately, it's your body and if it's your desire to get implants, then it's not really his place to say no. Plus, if implants have the power to cause serious problems in your relationship, it might be time to re-evaluate even being in the relationship at all. Best of luck!

• ""Plus, if implants have the power to cause serious problems in your relationship, it might be time to re-evaluate even being in the relationship at all.""

To be fair, contrast that with as if someone wanted to get a sex change, or a woman choose to be bald; it is not that unreasonable that it doesn't sit well with him.

What Guys Said 17

• Why do you want them? Why was he fine with it at first but isn't now? Is he ok with your current brest size? If you want them for you because you think your brests will look better, why? Has someone or your boyfriend made comments that have made you feel insecure about your current brest size?

I would never want my girlfriend to get them. If I'm with her I'm already happy with what she's got or I wouldn't be with her to start. If I start dating a girl and I don't like something about her including her brest size I'm going to move on. I think girls often get implants, not for their boyfriends or husbands edification, but to be noticed by other guys they're not currently with.

If for whatever reason he's not ok with it, I don't think you should seek to make him be. He has a right to his opinion and you shouldn't try convince him otherwise. Ultimately it's your body and you have the right to make your own decisions.

That said, all I can say is this and I'm strictly speaking for myself on this. If my girlfriend wanted implants after I already told her I'm quite satisfied with what she has, I'd end the relationship immediately. Why? I already told her I'm satisfied with what she has, and clearly my physical affection with her would demonstrate that. I'd view her getting those implants as not for me, but to look more appealing for other guys. I don't think my girlfriend should be seeking to look hot for anyone but me, and as I already stated I would clearly already think she looks hot or I wouldn't be with her to start with.

• He may be just like me. First, I prefer small boobs. A cup is best. B and C are OK, too. If you are small now, remember they will get bigger as you get older and have kids.

Also, natural is best. I much prefer that to a boob full of silicon!

• Maybe I should add that I don't think you will be able to convince him.

• May I ask why you want implants? While it is certainly your body, very few normal men like implants on (in) women.

• Because I want them. I've always wanted breasts

• Well I'd say don't do it. A lot of us guys like small natural boobs just fine. It will cost you money, it is a surgical medical procedure, and you don't know what kind of issues you'll have with them later in life. // Save the money and potential problems! // Just my humble opinion.

• Well some times guys like the real thing not the fake. And it could that he likes the fact that when you um adjust yourself it causes himself to stare or something like that. Also If your going to do breast implants I'd suggest going to one of the Asian countries as its a little more expensive and way lower chances of scar tissue. (Recently S. Korea has become really good with implants and plastic sugary.) Best of luck

• "Did he not think I was serious?"

That's exactly what he thought. There's probably going to be nothing that will convince him to like implants. It probably will be a relationship changer for you guys but you should do whatever you feel is best for your own body.

• Don't do it. You will not be happy in the long run and your boyfriend is growing up so he is now realizing what's important and what's bullshit.

• What is bullshit?

• Do you prefer bigger boobs?

• Yes, I do like a healthy rack, but I like women with small boobs too. For instance, the woman I work with is a goddess with A-cups. She was standing next to me talking to a coworker with her ass practically in my face. She is amazing. I had to stop and just admire that ass and those long long legs and her grace... I would avoid a woman with implants.

• I think he's right. Why put something unnatural like that in your body (OK, a little hypocritical since I drink Pepsi), especially if he has indicated he prefers you as you are?

If I were him the unspoken message I would get is "If I had bigger boobs maybe I could get someone better than you".

• No. I love him but I've always wanted breasts. Since I was young. I'd see celebrities like Pamela Anderson and I remember thinking how beautiful she is. This is for me and only me. I love him and he said he was ok with it. But now he's not and it's bothering me.

• Look at old pics of Heather Locklear; she had much smaller boobs than Pam's phonies, but was a thousand times hotter.

It sounds like you should explore some psychological issues before setting out to get new boobs. 99% of women look better without.

• This is a pretty big deal to him. He likes you the way you are. And although lots of women get implants, it's still surgery and there is some risk. Do you need to do this for professional reasons, or do you just feel unattractive?

• I'm not sure u will be able to convince him. He's like me, we don't like fake.

• the people that mainly care about boob size are boys between 11-15 and women. everyone else pretty much doesn't care. bigger boobs are nice, but it doesn't really matter.

• Just show him articles, say it's for u which I assume it is, go talk to the doctor together

• General anesthesia is quite dangerous, I would never get an unnecessary procedure that can threaten my life.

• You cannot.

• Sounds like he (a) thinks it's too expensive/dangerous and or (b) he loves you just the way you are.

• how big are your naturals?

• When a woman asks if she should get implants, I always tell her "as long as you know what the risks are, and as long as YOU'RE paying for it, it's your body, I shouldn't have to pay for body modifications". I don't mind paying for health insurance but, anything else, is you

What Girls Said 7

• He probably prefers your natural body and that's why he doesn't want you to go through with it. Some guys don't like the look of fake implants. You can't really make him be okay with it and like the idea of implants. However, ultimately, it's your body and your decision to make so, you should do whatever you feel is best for yourself.

• He probably thought you weren't serious. But now that he sees that you are, he's being more vocal about his disapproval of it.

I would talk to him and find out the reasons he isn't liking the idea. Maybe he prefers small breasts? Maybe he likes things natural? Maybe he just loves you and is afraid of how the surgery will go? Surgery is serious business and even if you are young and healthy it can take a toll.

There are so many things that could be going through his mind. I would just ask him and talk about it.

• He probably didn't take it seriously at first and now that you are setting up appointments, it's getting real.

He's probably scared of the negative attention you may get, just assure him of your reasons for it, that you are doing it for your own self confidence (I hope) and NOT for anyone else but yourself (I hope). If he still doesn't agree, you have to accept that, not everyone will agree with your actions and they have a right to their own opinion too.

If you go through with it, he will get over it someday.

• He did say he didn't think I was serious.

• But they kinda are... why would anyone want a hand full of plasticy fakeness when they could have a handful of fleshy tissue?

• Oh boy. I do not know if you're going to marry this guy and I don't think you know either. What I will say is you are very young to get breast implants. He doesn't want them. Why you rushing things? And yes it will cause a tremendous divide in your relationship. And it's not a question of are you willing to risk it because it will happen. Are you willing to have your boyfriend become your ex boyfriend because of it. If you feel that strongly about it then go ahead. My opinion is that you are making the wrong decision

• I agree with your bf~

• So, in the first place, why do it?

• Because I've always wanted.

• So, purely for cosmetic reasons then.. Have you though sat down and talked rationally and sensibly with him about this.