Why do guys flirt with you and then kinda back off and make it seem like they don't like you?

I've been talking to this guy for a while, and he's really sweet and flirty ], and then sometimes he is flirty with other girls.. is he just being a f-boy or does he like me or is he just being nice?

Most Helpful Guy

• He's testing the waters to see if you reciprocate. When he flirts with other girls he's trying to see how you react. Basically he likes you, and is using the other girls as a way to gauge your attraction to him before he makes any big moves.

• yah i guess, I don't know though because lots of people have been asking him if he likes me, but he always says no, but then on the other hand, when we talk he always says he never tells anyone who he likes.. so I'm wondering if he's lying, but maybe i should just ask him out and see how it goes?

• Yeah just ask him.

What Guys Said 1

• This question comes up a lot on this site. I think it could be they want to see if you'll pursue

• yah i guess, lol well no maybe i just need to get the guts up and just straight up ask him

• That would be best

What Girls Said 1

• I don't know but it's prettyyyyy annoying