Would you date someone significantly younger than you?

Just wondering your opinion on dating someone significantly younger than yourself...

Most Helpful Guy

• When I was 26, I dated someone who was 17. It was quite an age gap but things were fairly good for the 2 years it lasted.

Now I'm 36, and I'd probably date someone no younger than 25. At least... they'd have to be finished college/university and working.

Most Helpful Girl

• At this point in my life, no, because I would go to jail.

I would like to stay with my current partner down the road.

But if that didn't work out, I would prefer someone close to my age.

However, if I found myself in my 40's, 50's, whichever decade, and I had a young suitor, why not?

As long as we both knew what we wanted and expected from the other, then no issue at all.

What Guys Said 65

• It depends on if by "dating" you mean going on a date, or being in a relationship. I would be open to going on a date with someone a lot younger. Going on a date isn't a big deal. I just want to keep an open mind when meeting new people. From there it would depend on how compatible we seemed to be.

• I was 44 dating a girl who was 24, so, yeah, I would. To be fair, it's far more common that the girl is within 5 years of my age, but I've always dated younger women.

• I have no real issue with it if I like them or get on with them.

• At your age of 15, you should not date anyone younger than 14. At my age of 60, I should not date anyone younger that 47-48.

• I wasn't wondering for my purposes I personally like guys a year older than me but I was just wondering what some people preferred

• I have dated ladies much older than me (I was 23 and she was 46) and I have dated ladies much younger than me (I was 52, she was 36.) Age is not as important as actual social maturity.

• I'm 23, and I'd preferably date someone similar age, like in a +-2 year range.

• Sure, why not, if the maturity and personality are there. Age is just a number. Some young people are mature way beyond their years, some older people act like 12 year olds.

• Describe 'significantly younger' in numbers.

But off the cuff I don't see a problem with both people's head being in the right place :)

• Age is pretty case by case for me

• Nah I feel like younger women aren't quite ready for commitment even if they think they are. I know this isn't always the case but I don't want my heartbroken because a girl wants to just have a short fling with me and not something potentially more serious.

• At this point I stick to a strict 10 difference year rule. But even that can be difficult because plus or minus 10 years people are at different points in life. So I try to keep it at 5 years but no more than ten.

• I'll make this simple, as long as they were legal.

• Youngest I'd date is 16.. 16 is pushing it, they have to be a mature 16.

• I'm not old enough to date someone significantly younger.

• Only if she was at least 16 because I don't want to go to jail.

• Absolutely. As long as she fits what I look for in a date age is not that important.

• Not if she is under 18...

• No I would not. At the moment I could tolerate three years. As time passes on, like most men, I will probably tolerate younger and younger but I'd always want someone around my age. Max two years older.

• I will date someone no younger than 21, so that's not significantly younger. I couldn't date a teenager because that feels wrong to me.

• Youngest is 18... Won't go younger than that.

• I have and I'm currently doing it and I see no problem with it unless the person is under 18

• No, definitely not. If you say "significantly younger" I'm thinking about twelve years old and that doesn't seem like a good idea.

• No, never.

• No more then 5 years

• Yeah i would so long as they were over 25, but you're15. You shouldn't be going out with anyone older than you right now. Talk to your parents.

• Anything over 18 is fair game.

• Maybe if I was 30 I could go down to 25 but that would be like the max. Right now I wouldn't want to date anyone more than a couple years younger

• Yeah all ages but a number

• i have a bad habit of "dating" girls that i'm not serious about that i've recently decided to break so no i don't think a girl who was much younger than me could be enough for me mentally

• im in my thirties and they are low twenties maybe

• define significantly

• More from Guys
    35

What Girls Said 39

• Nope. At my current age, I wouldn't date anyone more than a year or two younger than me. I definitely wouldn't want to date anyone under the age of 18.

• I wouldn't date anyone younger than me, regardless of how much. Not to sound cocky because I'm not but I'm really mature for my age and I need someone to match that maturity. I haven't met someone younger than me... Or really the same age as me with the same maturity level. My boyfriend is a year older than me and he happens to be very mature for his age as well.

• MAX 2 years younger.

• No wayyyyy the guy I actually like is 7 months younger haha but that's about I, I would never go more than 1 year younger!

• The youngest I'd go is 22 and that's a reach. I've noticed that the few guys that show interest are usually way younger or way older.

• If I did I'll basically be a childmolestor...
    Even though I'm still a minor.

• very young? no.. not more than 1 year..

• Depends on the guy ;)

• Nope because I'm not into immaturity & kid-looks at all..

• Nope, I prefer older.

• Younger men make my ovaries shrivel.

I strongly prefer older. At least my age. But I'm not gonna completely close myself off from them. The youngest guy I've actually considered a serious relationship with was 22. So 22 or maybe 21 is as young as I'd go. But that's pushing it for me lol

• i have and would again if the situation arose

• Hell no. I can't handle most 18yo guys let alone anyone younger than me. Maybe when I'm older (say, in my 30s) I might consider dating someone slightly younger. But not now, no.

• Nope I prefer guys who are older than i am.

• No, I can't help but think it's a bit weird if the girl is older than the guy. My boyfriend is 7 years older than me and our relationship is pretty healthy.

• Maybe a couple years but not like 5+ yearz

• Oh no. That's a negative, ghost rider.

• No. they have to be at least 2 years older than me.

• Never once.
    ie: I luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurve older men.

• No, they would be like twelve, and that would be weird.

• I wouldn't date anyone younger than 18

• 18 at least... I just worry thats all!

• Right now? Hahaha HEEEELL NO.

• No, I don't want to go to jail.
    Someone significantly younger is like my son.

• Wouldn't date under the age of 14

• I would date a guy that was young as maybe 24 or 23 or maybe 22

• It depends on just how big the age gap is x

• Now.. Hell no.

When I'm 30, maybe. Someone around 20 wouldn't be that bad 😉

• No I wouldn't. We wouldn't have much in common and they would need to understand the life I have and that I have children and they come first. Now as for hookups though, that's another story

• Many guys won't date women with kids saying they dont want to be the third wheel

• @Iron_Man. Many men my age already have kids of their own from previous marriage and have no issues settling down with a woman with her own kids. But to add to it, I know many men that didn't have kids of their own and still dated women with kids and also went on to marry them and take the kids on as their own. It's actually more common than you think.

• I have no Idea what to do

• No I wouldn't.

• More from Girls
    9