Do I need to let this guy go?

Do I need to let this guy go?

Hey people,

So I'm friends with this guy from my semester. We've been friends for a while, not good friends, but we do talk for a while everytime we see each other, I have taken him with my car to classes sometimes, we applied for the same job and therefore talked with each other about that, about where we come from, about our family and stuff; aaaand I had my horse moved here somewhere near campus and I talked with him about that for quite a while (vet school, so he likes horses, too), and he always says he wants to see my horse, and stuff, and in fact, he has already gone with me to the farm once! We took my horse out for a walk and talked the whole time about stuff we like, and surprise, surprise, we have very similar interests; like I'm a weird Lord of the Rings fan (named my horse after a LOTR horse, have basic elivsh language knowledge lol) and he loves LOTR, too and stuff like that! There have been a few incidents like that! Or I went to a small town in Montana last spring, and told him about it, and somehow he has been there, too, because he has friends there! Like, what are the odds!!

Anyways, I like him. I'm starting to like him! And so he has facebook-invited me to 2 partys before, and last night, I went to one with other people from our course. I didn't see this guy too much, but when we did, he was very sweet but friendly, we danced, drinked, laughed and talked and such, he showed me around blabla.
Anways, but at some point some other guys and I went up to the dance floor, and suddenly, out of the blue, this guy I liked just kissed some random girl and made out with her on the dancefloor? Ehm, where did that come from?

Anyways, of course I was shocked, but tried not to show it too much. I don't ever want to be the college make out girl again. I want to be treated right, I want to be dated; I want to be taken out! I want a real relationship. I feel like I'm over all of that hookup nonsense college stuff!! Help please! Do I have a chance with this guy?

What Guys Said 1

• So long as you are clear about your expectations, IN ADVANCE, you have a chance.

What Girls Said 1

• It's so damn hard with the whole "I was drunk" situation because I truly believe that when people are drunk they truly truly dnt know wtf they're doing. Find out if he remembers, talk and kind of backtrack in your relationship and grow back to where you were. That way if he's worth it he'll see you're worth the little effort to make up for hurting your feelings. And let him know what he did after you find out if he remembers. Guys are stupid, but in some situations I feel they need a break, chance to redeem themselves and by you showing him like "hey I know you were wasted, but I'm not that stuck up type bitch but I do respect myself" hell really like you I think