Why is it do hard these days?

I have been on a dating site for two months and do far I have been on two dates and both were disasters :/ . A guy on the dating site has now and again messaged me over the two months but this time I thought I would give him a chance. We swapped numbers yesterday and he called me and we chatted he asked to meet me this Thursday so I agreed. He messaged this morning then the texts have stopped since but I have noticed he has been on the dating site all day :/ I only had a look a few times and he's always online , I'm not bothered ! I'm just confused because if a guy says he wants to meet me , called me and tells me he us very interrested in me then why all day be on the dating site online instead of trying to get to know me? I'm new to dating and I'm losing faith in it lol

I meant so hard not do lol my phone swaps words sorry

Most Helpful Guy

• On free dating sites, a lot of the people are just there to flirt, not actually date.

People who actually want a relationship - whether on a free or paid site - if they are desireable, do not stop looking because they have a date.

Guys need to ask out 10-20 women a day to get any value out of these sites. They're hoping maybe one of those goes on a first date. That means though they are setting up multiple first dates a week.

A first date is like a job interview. You don't stop looking for work, and the company doesn't stop looking, because an interview is scheduled.

He's interested in meeting you, but he's also aware that every first date is a long shot to go anywhere.

• Thank you I do understand :) I suppose I'm just old fashioned lol I like to get to know one person at a time , like give him my full attention then after we meet it didn't work out then move on to the next person

• Well, it's more that online dating is such a superficial level of connection, you might meet and in 45 seconds know it's off. So think of talking online as just prospects you're interested in meeting, and meet them soon, and then see.

What Guys Said 6

• Move on to another person or try a different dating site then. Maybe try something like MeetUp. com, as you would have a better chance of meeting someone and actually doing something interesting or fun instead of dealing with lying flakers at online dating sites.

I doubt he actually promised or made any real guarantees to you that he would ever meet you offline in person or in real life. If he did then he would be a real asshole for lying and flaking. If they never made promises in the first place then even if you exchanged numbers he is not guaranteed to come meet you in person.

It also could be because in the past some other girl at online dating sites had pulled the same type of lying and flaky game on him therefore he had suffered the same thing you had and that he's learned this and decide to use something like this on any other girl that he can or feels like. Who knows? Just my theory.

• Lol he is still in the market and if he meets u twice and is on the site again then be worried

• Based on experience, I would say because he knows a lot of dates don't work out. If you are looking for a job and get an interview, do you then quit contacting other companies until you get a final answer from the company you interviewed with?

• Well, dating is to get to know each other. Phone conversation with somoen you have never met can be a little bit awkward.

• He must a play boy. He want to have a date with 3 girls at same time. Interested girl he will know better after the 3 dates.

• That sucks. He maybe logged in but not active on the site, but I'm just speculating

What Girls Said 0