At what age did you get your first girlfriend/boyfriend?

I'm 25 years old, and I'm still a virgin. I've also never had a girlfriend. Unlike how this may be perceived, I'm not asking this out of insecurity or doing it to see how many people are in the same boat as me. It's purely for experimental reasons.

It just seems like GAG is a breeding ground for virgins (notice the juxtaposition there)? To go beyond that, it doesn't seem uncommon for people in their 20's 30's... and it in some rare cases, 40's, to have never been in a relationship. I'm just curious to see where people fall into.

• Under 12 years old.
  • 13-17 years old.
  • 18-22 years old.
  • 23-27 years old.
  • 28-32 years old.
  • Over 32 years old.
  • I've still never had a girlfriend/boyfriend OR Unsure (If Unsure, explain)
@Prettygurl12 I picked you for your analysis. I probably should have been a little more specific.

@Anonymous You stole the words out of my mouth. I was going to say the same thing.

Most Helpful Girl

• What is your standard for a "relationship"?

Is it the first time someone else said you were a couple? 'Cause that would be when I was 4 and was hopelessly in love with my cousin's boyfriend (now husband)'s brother. He was 6.

Is it the first time you called yourself boyfriend and girlfriend? That'd have been when I was 13. I asked a boy out in 6th grade and we spent a delightful 6 months not talking or associating with each other in any way whatsoever and then I broke up with him.

Is it the first time you actually went on dates with another person? That'd be in 9th grade when I was 16. We spent 9 months together until shit hit the fan in a giant mess of an explosion lol

My first (and only) serious relationship was when I was 18 and I'm still with him.

• My definition of a relationship is when two people are officially dating and "going out" with each other, regardless of how petty or "puppy lovy" it is.

I've never even been in a "puppy love" relationship.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it's just that on here there's the anonymous polls and opinions meaning people can be honest about it. People don't brag about beeing virgins, so you don't realise in real how many people are.
    Anyway to answer the question I got my first girlfriend at 18, well we met online when I was 17, after a year of talking I moved to the same city as her and we got together

• You make a good point. We are surrounded by virgins every day and nobody realizes it.

Still, even with that into consideration, this site seems to be plastered with them lol.

What Girls Said 11

• My first "boyfriend" was at 11 years old.

My first serious relationship was at 18 years old.

• I'm 16, I've dated a few guys here and there but not for long, so I usually just say I haven't had a boyfriend yet.

• I'm 22 and a virgin. I've dated several guys but I didn't really into them. I'm not rushing but I'm a bit worried. Anw, we are on the same boat, there are something in our lives that we cannot control, like "the fate".

• Still haven't but tbh I really don't mind it. Guys have asked me out before but I was never interested in them and thought them only as friends. But deep down, I really want a guy that I can share everything with. Someone who will give me surprise kisses and hugs, who will think that I'm the best thing that has ever happened to him. No joke but when I think of this, I can feel my heart hurting for some reason. I know in the future I will probably meet this SO, but I'll just keep on waiting and doing life.

• Well, you could start by being less picky. From now on, give some guys a chance.

• But well, you're just 15, why do you need to worry about that, you have plenty of time @kellogg

• 18 years old.

• 14... hahah it was so cute now that I think about it😂😂

• Still haven't had one, but I've done a little dating.

• hmm my real real boyfriend as in serious relationship was at 16...

• I was 19 years old

• Around 15.

• I'm 23 and I never had a boyfriend. So, I'm on the same boat as you.

• It seems to be so common on this website.

• Your life sounds so similar to mine.

I have had my chances with girls living thousands of miles away (whether it be a different country or state), but I can never afford to travel.

• Yes, it is similar.

I understand your situation. Like I said before I could have a boyfriend now, but he lives in another country and right now I can't afford a trip to be with him.
      I have to wait a few more years, until I'm able to go there.

What Guys Said 8

• It's definetely an American problem this. White people isolate themselves in little enclaves of middle class suburbia where everything is all safe and routine. The kids grow up staring at screens and get their life experience from the tv and the net. You end up with no tools for life to pull women, make friends, take the world by the balls and make it your bitch. Over here we grow up on the streets in dangerous neighbourhoods. End up in gangs socialising with everything life's got to throw at us. My family was my friends on the streets. Stole a car at 12. Had first drink at 13. First joint at 13. Started carrying a weapon at that age too. Been nearly killed 4 times and nearly killed 4 guys. Done time in the army and learned how to fix anything on wheels. 2 of the guys coming to my house tomorrow for a drink I've known and trusted for decades. One tried to kill a cop and one stabbed his dad 20 odd times when he was younger yet they're best guys you'll ever meet. The point I'm trying to make is life moulds you into something women find attractive. The more knocks you take and the more you dish out the more life shapes you into a capable human being. If you've sat on your arse avoiding everything you're still just a damp lump of clay with no shape. Who the hell would find that attractive? Why is there no white street gangs in america? Why are kids not forming up into groups and fighting over streets? It toughens you up.

• there are loads of adult male virgins in Japan, don't know if you have heard the news about that

• @bluenose1872 No, being na├»ve is thinking women aren't superficial.

You have no say in this. First of all, you don't live in the United States (which is probably more superficial than the United Kingdom). Two, you live in an age group of women completely different than mine (women in their 20's are far more shallow than women in their 30's).

• A: you don't know women in their thirties from a relationship point of view, B: you asked a question and I'm having a bash at answering it, C: your generalising all women into one category. That's naive. I've been with enough women in my time to know what they like and I've had 2 American women in my life. One from Chicago and one from conneticut if that makes a difference.

• 11 years old 😏

• @polocrew Is OP gunna make it?

• I was 14. My first relationship was 6 months long, never really passed second base, and we had a weird 2 year thing after that where we were sort-of 'friends with benefits.' Parents didn't like it, I was cool with it, it stopped, and I moved on.

• My first girlfriend dumped me for another guy just because he had better stuff

• I will die alone.

• 24 and no we are not dating she's dating someone else

• At 25 I've had and lost my first girlfriend :(
    I knew she would be quite a learning experience.

• Why is your age group 18-24 years old then? You're 25, so it should obviously show up on GAG as 25-29...

• I was just trying to make you feel better.