Will a guy go out on a date with a girl if he doesn't like her?

if a guy doesn't like the girl would he really waste his time texting, hanging out, and go out on a date with her when she asks?

I know being a girl I wouldn't be able to go out on a date with a guy if I didn't like him in that way. Is it the same for guys?

What Guys Said 1

• Well, personally, I think it depends. It depends on the guys personality, his upbringing, his actual opinion of you, and so much more. So, what I get from this, is that he's, basically, texted you and spent time with you and has agreed to go out on a date with you. Does that mean that he "likes" you. Maybe, but then again, maybe not. Why not get to know him? You never know. From the time that you've spent with him, do you think that he "likes" you? I DO think a guy would go out with a girl if he didn't "like" her, but I'm not sure if this guy would. You never know. There are good guys, and there are bad guys; same as in everything else.

• Well we have kind of a history. We were talking for a couple months then he didn't want a relationship so he broke things off but its def not over between us. He's putting in way too much effort for it to just be a hook up, and when we went to dinner the other day he told his friends and when his mom called he said he was on a "date". I figured this should be a good sign. He acts like he likes me I just don't know why he wouldn't wanna be with me.. there aren't any other girls so idk? any ideas?

• Maybe he should know that you care, but it's all up to you. I don't think that you should just say f*** it and move on, but if things don't start to change in a month or two, start looking around. You don't have to feel guilty for it either. If he wants to act like boyfriend/girlfriend and you don't mind it, feel free to do it. Don't be abrupt. Dating is a process, not an event.... and so is change. Did I answer your question? Or is there still more you want to ask?

• No you answered it, thank you!

What Girls Said 0