As an adult, is it weird to ask a girl out in front of parents?

there's this girl i like, im pretty sure she likes me... But the only time we are around each other at least one of us is with a parent... Im 26 she's 30... As a teen I've had bad experiences with parents involved in dating..

• yes
  • no
  • results

Most Helpful Girl

• If it's the only way you can ask her and the other option is to do nothing, then do it. Ask her out. You're all adults.

Most Helpful Guy

• If you man up and charm your way through the awkwardness, you'll simultaneously win her over, and win the parents on your side in one move. It's a golden opportunity, in my books.

For example, just say to her parents in front of her, "Hey, I'm just going to say it. I find your daughter very attractive, and I'd like to take her out sometime. Maybe start with a coffee, maybe see a coffee, and then do something fun and chill out for a bit so I can get to know her. I don't plan on doing anything weird, and I promise to get her back at a reasonable hour. What do you say?"

And if they ask or hint why you aren't asking her instead, just say "I've wanted to ask her directly, but it doesn't seem like I can get any 1 on 1 time, so... here goes."

Good luck.

What Girls Said 5

• Try to get her alone if you can. Create an excuse if you have to. It will be less awkward that way.

• Yeah, I think that's a bit weird. It's better to do that when you're alone with that person. If you feel that you never see her when she's alone, ask her if you can talk to her and maybe walk away from either of your parents.

• It's weird as a teen too.

• It shows you've got the balls. But you can get a group of people together to go out that way it'll seem less of a date

• Kind of weird but if it's your only option, you might as well do it.

What Guys Said 4

• You could step up and ask her parents/your parents if they could give you a few minutes alone with the girl. Take charge of the situation and make it happen; the young lady will respect you for handling it in that way.

• Well I mean is it at church? Why is she always witcher parents? Need details

• My boss is a friend of her family... And im doing work on her uncles house... My boss is basically my father, and she comes over with her mom once in a while... We r like 2 vlocks from the beach, but it would be weird to ask her to go down there with me cuz im in work boots and painted clothes... lol

• Well talk to her say hi. What not... for all you know she could be married of has a boy friend. You have to break the ice introduce yourself some how just say hi etc. She is single right?

• Yeah it is

• Yours, or hers?