Friend ignoring me after rejecting a confession. What should I do?

So, I have been close friends with a girl for the last year. We conversed a lot, texted late into the morning, and whenever I had the chance I would walk her to her car. Soon, I developed feelings for her and decided to ask her out yesterday. I'm not the best at this sort of thing, so when I did I was tripping over my words and such as I asked her out to lunch. She didn't outright say no, instead deflecting by saying we could just join another group of classmates for an activity. However, she hasn't been replying to my texts and today she seemed hesitant to allow me to walk her to her car, so I didn't. Did I just damage one of my last friendships irreparably? What should I do to help mend it?

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't know, it sounds like you may have been friend zoned from the beginning?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah sorry bud. It's best to move on. She's giving you the cold shoulder until you disappear. You'll only be embarrassing yourself by staying.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 2

• I could only imagine how cringy, awkward and sad it must have been while you were asking her out, you need to be confident in yourself

• Girls are weird.