After a break up, do you take some time to process, or do you get right back into dating?

I was over it before it officially ended, so that makes a difference I think. I was asked out pretty soon after, but I felt like I should give it some time out of respect. It might look a little shady if I break up and then I'm already seeing someone else, I don't know. I wouldn't want them to think they're just a rebound either. What do you think?

Most Helpful Guy

• If there's no emotional residue from the last relationship it shouldn't matter, if there is well then its your decision based on how you feel. So in other words it depends.

What Guys Said 1

• there's this thing called a grace period, its a 2-3 week period in between break up and get together

What Girls Said 2

• It takes me a looooong time. I've only had 2 bfs. From the first, it was like a year and a half. My second, it'll probably be another year or so.

• After my ex left me I was disappointed and shocked but I had a gut feeling he wanted to dump me, but he was just too scared to do it. He dumped me through text 3 years ago and I have not been in a relationship ever since, not because of my ex, I was over him long time ago, but because I don't jump from relationship to relationship, I'm more selective