How do I tell him I can't date?

This guy from Instagram started talking to me and he really likes me. However, I'm in college with an overbearing mother who won't let me date and I don't have a car. It's really not fair to him if I say I can date him but I don't know how to say that via phone. So, tomorrow I'm meeting him in person. How do I tell him this?

Most Helpful Guy

• Does your mother physically gets between you and your date? I can understand that you are too busy, but the overbearing mother? Don't ask her. It's your life and you are an adult. Date if you want to, she can't hold you back...

• Lol she's threatened to kick me out, but has never physically gotten in between me and a date

Most Helpful Girl

• Talk to your mom about allowing you to date this guy if she meets him and believes that he truly deserves you. Your mom is probably just worried about him hurting you, so if you do want to date him, give your mom a reason to allow you to date him and show her why you like him.

What Guys Said 1

• Be straightforward and tell him you can't date "I'm in college with an overbearing mother who won't let me date and I don't have a car."

Listen to his solutions

Decide

What Girls Said 0