At what point should a guy stop trying?

after 1 rejection?
after 5?
after 10?
15?
30?

Most Helpful Girl

• After the first! If after they say no, then later they change their mind, they'll let you know. Move on, continuing to ask will only make them uncomfortable and feel pressured, and even afraid, even if you mean no harm. Chances are after the first rejection you could still possibly be friends, and that after the thirtieth they'll be calling the cops. Anyways continuing to ask isn't even healthy for yourself! Even if you're hung up on this person, try to move on, and if you can't, being friends is better than nothing right?

Most Helpful Guy

• Never. You've got a bit of thinking to do though. If your getting knocked back all the time then you're fucking up somewhere. You should approach a girl like you already pulled her. Walk over like you own the place and just talk. Keep a smile on your face and look in her eyes when your talking. Women react to body language and are harsh critics. You're goal is not to bore her with your shit. Let her bore you with hers. Everybody loves talking about themselves and since most women are notoriously introverted they'll love you asking personal questions.

What Girls Said 15

• If it's from the same girl, damn. More than once or twice is enough.

If it's with different people, then there is no limit. I guess until you've asked out every single available adult in the world, and there are millions.

I've had my fair share of rejections. In fact, I've been rejected by every guy I've asked out. I'm just gonna keep on trucking though.

• Perhaps you should take a good long look at the kind of women you are approaching as you obviously don't have anything they want.

• Quagmire: 50 nos and a yes is still a yes.

It's silly to stop trying when rejection is the normal process of dating. Not everyone's going to like you and to stop at 50 when there is BILLIONS of women is crazy, don't you think?

• Yes You must try but each time different so u don't make a mistake!

• After 3. The first time could be a surprise. The second time is more like a wild card. No girl rejects a guy she likes three times in a row. If you keep trying after 3, the person might take advantage of you or might label you creepy. Stop with 3.

• ehm.. not with the same woman. he is talking about failing with women in general... .

• these are relative terms. there are humans of both genders who die celibate but are never alone cause they are married with humanity. one's love can be much broader than what societal limitations dictate... . there is more in giving than taking. many become volunteers, misionairs etc, its not necessarily some superficial altrusim it can be based on true love for the human being. my saying is if you love just one you usually dont love even that one correctly... . (cause its more like a pathological codependance of two incomplete, needy beings).

• Same goes for a girl. What point should a girl stop trying? I've been rejected enough times this year to give up. Depends on how strong you are.

• I'd stick with the rule of 3's, but what's more important is when you try again, and I suppose the circumstances are different for everyone, and so is the girl and her tolerance. Just try not to come off desperate!

• after he gets her.

• By the same girl or in general?

• If it's with different girls. Never stop. You can't you must find your happiness. Same girl? If like 2 or 3 times she says no just move on I feel.

• If she's not into you and she's saying a straight up no. Then that means stop after 1 but if she's being kind of flirty or nervous about it you can try a couple more times but no more than 3 other wise you could seem desperate

• Until he finds love

• If a guy that I did not like was very persistent I would not find it cute and eventually fall in love with him, I would honestly be annoyed. Take no for an answer.

• Never give up! Never surrender!

• The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results.

If he's getting rejected constantly, it's time to step back and re-evaluate how he's going about things and what he can do to be more of a catch. Change it up.

• Oh also, I meant about trying with girls in general - not one specific girl. Don't ask the same girl out more than twice.

• well there are some excellent advice from men out there that can truly help a man become more attractive. he has a lot to work on.

What Guys Said 14

• After the 2nd try. A man should never disrespect himself by crawling around for a woman. If she doesn't want you the first time, cool, maybe she didn't think about it. If at the second time she still rejects you, move on, she doesn't want you, there are millions of women out there, go ask them.

• Depends if you mean a stranger, someone you know but never dated or an ex. Tenacity might be. Useful tool depending on the scenario. But there are a lot of variables so there's not really a specific number to give. For the most part I'd say if she gives you a stern no, then once is more than enough to back off.

• Bro, once a girl rejects you... dont even look at her,
    she will miss the attention and she will come running after you.

• I'd say after 1 or 2
    if she's not interested, why bother trying?

• Never, the more you ask the closer you get

• do you mean dating in general or on just one girl

• When they remove the breathing tube and cease resuscitation efforts.

• I say no more than 2 or 3. Otherwise you just look like a stalker

• No I mean after say... 5 different girls have rejected you

• Or, different girls you don't stop trying. It's. A numbers game.

• Never... try until you get the right one

• Persistance is something everyone should strive to have.

• after 2. ask once, if she says no completely avoid her for a while she will come crawling back

• After 10 I'd stop. Rejection can mess up your self-esteem

• 3000. after 3000 rejections you should really abandon all efforts. 3000 is a scientifically decided number.

• LOL approaching women is horrible in itself.

Fuck dating & fuck relationship!!