Have you ever been in a relationship with an older person?

Recently I'm been approached by a man that's 25 years older than me. I'm 25 and I've always waited to find the right guy that accepts my ways and my way of living my life. I like the guy maybe a little too much. At the same time I'm scared of getting in a relationship with this person because of that huge age gap. Have you ever been in a relationship with someone older? If so, how was your experience? Good, bad, still together? I just want to have an idea of what I'm getting into.

• Don't get in a relationship with an older man, stay friends.
  • Go for it, if you like eachother, go for it.

Most Helpful Guy

• When you are 40, he will be 65. You will be at or near you sexual peak. He will probably be losing his sexual abilities. That means that in 15 years things will not be so great.

If you can accept that your relationship would not be permanent (and he accepts it) them by all means have a relationship now. If he gives yo what yo want, what more do you need.

But from his standpoint, while you will be able to leave the relationship and find someone else, it is not likely that he will easily find someone to finish life with. Just things to think about.

Most Helpful Girl

• When I was 17 I was with a guy that was 22 everything was alright at first. After we made it official he became way to clingy. He would text me till super late and wouldn't leave me alone so I'd turn off my phone. So in the morning I'd have all these text when I woke up. We'd see each other 3 times a week at least. He basically was too clingy for me, I broke up with him he cried and it was done. What really did it for me was that he had no ambition to better himself. I work hard for what I want, I awlays have. I felt like he'd hold me back. Plus he wanted to settle down and I was trying to live life. On the other hand my cousin is with her boyfriend who is 6 years older than her they've been together for about 10 now.

• Hey mam, 5 years of age difference is completely normal, you're trying to say if a guy is 5 years older than he would be clingy? thats weird.

• Ohk alright. :), Yeah no one likes a clingy person :)

• @Lazy_Tiger exactly that's what I said. But I feel like when you find someone you truly have feelings for you're willing to dea with a whole mess of crap. (Personally still no clingy guys)

What Guys Said 14

• Hey to be honest with u, age difference of more than 5 years starts getting tough and tough, 5 years of age difference is completely normal.
    Now ur problem is 25 , that means he is 50 and ur 25...
    Personally i think this is weird , however its ur life, if u think he is the man of ur dreams then go for it. :)

• My ex and her bff had relationships with that kind of age gap which ultimately failed. Putting it nicely they were at different points in their respective lives. Not putting it nicely the ex dated her Boss who died during sex and the bff had to take a restraining order out on her 50 year old cousin she had been dating.

• I've never dated someone younger 🙂 I actually want to date an older lady like maybe in her 40's would be cool

• My ex was 2,5 years older but compared to 25 years thats nothing. No healthy relationship can be build from that.

• not really a relationship, but had a 6 month fling with a 36 yr old when i was 16

• I'd say a five year cap would ideal, while I'd like to be open minded, I'm sorry this person is almost old enough to be your father. Its weird... It shouldn't be. But it is. Catch my drift?

• Nope. I haven't. I've been approached by a woman much older than me, but we didn't have a relationship.

• One of my exes was a little over a year older than me.

• I personally would not enjoy being in a relationship with someone more than a year or two older than me.

• depends what kind of relation you want..
    if its for a serious relation, better not..

if you just want to have some fun, n him too, then maybe yes..

i had a relation with a divorced lady of 10yr older than me, was only for sex.. n was superb

• drake once said "all im, saying you can do better" 10 years should be max of your own age more age is just reaching

• yes I have been in a friends with benefits relation with much older woman

• No but I know a lot of people that have

• Go for it, if you like each other, go for it.

What Girls Said 6

• I've been in three age gap 'relationships', 12, 22 and 26 years respectively - I'm 25 and all three were in my life this year at some point. None of them worked out. All were only interested in sex or using me to get what they wanted. I really liked two of them. I know age gap relationships can work out, I just got very unlucky in finding guys who literally couldn't care any less about me. I don't think an age gap is a reason not to date but just make it clear to him what you want and that you want to know what he wants because usually they're not interested in anything serious. If you're not either? Great. Just be cautious. Dating older guys can be really fun but I can suck too, so take care of yourself.

• Do it. Age is not that big of a deal as long as nothing illegal is going on y'know. The couple with the biggest age gap I personally know has a 17 years age difference. They're married, happy, raising two kids. It's all cool.

• When I was 16 I dated a 13 year old, nothing weird, but he was busy all of the time with sports. After we split I dated a 27 year old at 16/17. To me, age iss just a number. They were both really sweet and nice with no weirdness because of age. If you like that person, and you hit it off, don't let age get between you.

• More than 5-6 years become odd, but hey its ok if both people are feeling ok with it.

• I say go for it.

I've never been in a relationship but I dated a guy who was 10 years older than me. He is very intelligent and we had great conversations. Older people always have something to share that's why I'm attracted to the older ones.

• I've dated a few guys who were older, but haven't had a relationship yet.

• I have been with older guys and I loved it. So try it for yourself. 😊