Guys, My boyfriend got mad at me for getting him an Christmas gift, why?

He didn't get me an Christmas gift, and I understand that, I mean, I'm a bit disappointed but I can't expect much from him, but the least he could've done was be grateful for it instead of getting upset. I didn't even tell him to get me anything, I just wanted to give him a present. Lately he's been confusing me with this whole relationship (that's why I said that rant in the bottom text) .
It doesn't seem so bad in this text but through FaceTime, he ignores me, somewhat gives me the cold shoulder, the whole shenanigans. Why?

3

Most Helpful Guy

• He is a bit pissed because you guys agreed to not make each other's gift, but you went ahead and bought him one anyway. That puts him in the position of the boyfriend who didn't buy a gift for his girlfriend and he hates it. He thought you guys were clear. Now he feels bad and he sees it as being your fault which it is. You were not ill intentionned of course and he should try to remember that, but you have put him in a difficult position by disregarding your agreement. You could try returning the gift?

• But we made no agreement to gifts or no gifts. He just told me in the beginning he's a giver, he's not so big on gifts, that was it. I mean, I got him a gift for his bday and he liked it so I assumed he would like this one. And I'm not complaining, because a lot of factors play in like money, but technically, he was basically excited to buy his family gifts, If he doesn't consider buying me a gift or even making me one, does that make me not important? I mean, I don't even know if he's willing to get me a gift thats homemade. I'm not trying to complain or seem ungrateful for him not getting a gift cuz that doesn't matter, I'm just more sorta disappointed because it's the thought that counts and he didn't really consider me at all.

• Your first mistake is to think that people's religion has anything to do with whether or not they are good people... Religion means squat. If christians were any good, there wouldn't have been the crusades or the Spanish inquisition, they wouldn't have burned heretics, they wouldn't bitch about gay people marrying, etc... I would even go as far as to say they're often the worst. The more religious people are, the more judgmental they are. That's my personal experience...

What if he has no intent on breaking up with you? Are you sure you understand what's going on exactly? Why not talk with him and clarify your situation? I bet it's just all a misunderstanding.

• Well o understand where you're coming from, it's just that he wants to be good because of his religion, because he believes in the morals in it. So it's not more based on religious people even if he is religious, it's behind the intent he puts based on what he believes in, you know?

Well, I did try, that's when we had the talk about how he loves me but he isn't in live with me. If he hasn't broken up with me after I gave him a chance to by opening up that conversation, I assume he still wants to be with me. I don't wanna be naggy with this subject because he's stressed with the military and after a long day, he doesn't really wanna deal with drama so if I bring it up, it might actually push him to break up with me out of impulse and frustration, not out of true feelings. You get me? If he were to do something, I'd want him to make it count, but I don't know if he realizes this but this situation is just floating around.

What Guys Said 2

• I too hate receiving useless unwanted gifts.

• Well he doesn't even know what it is. It's clothes and it's not really useless in his case considering he doesn't have much because he's based in military and his clothes are back home, but please put me in perspective about why receiving gifts would make you feel that way?

• Cause he's feeling guilty now because he hasn't got you something