What do you do when you have high expectations towards dating?

Any advice to a girl who has hight expectations towards dating and guys? i dont have high standars, i have dated all sorts of differnt type of guys, i dont have a type, as long as the guy is nice, cute and not overweight im probarly going to date him.

Anyway, i catch myself having hight expectations to how things are going to go and how fast they are going to go ( films have ruined me), i try not to let all these small voices and all my overthinking stay in the way, but it still super hard..

Most Helpful Guy

• Do you expect it to go fast or slow?

• I expect it to go fast and that they guy will act a certain way and if he doesn't I question he's intentions and reasons not to be wuth him etc

Most Helpful Girl

• Honestly, you just need to acknowledge that it's all bullshit. When I was young I waited for this fairytale shit to happen and I was sorely disappointed every time. You need to tell yourself that if you keep expecting everything in the world, you'll end up with nothing, because fairytales aren't real.

What Guys Said 1

• I don't know. I don't have high expectations towards dating.

What Girls Said 3

• You need to get in touch with reality. When you start forming expectations ask yourself "Is this reasonable? Is this realistic?"

• Just try to think of people as a work in process u just got fine the right type of guy.!

• SIMPLE.

dont expect anything that has not been discussed and agreed to. deal in reality and you'll be fine.