What do you do when you have high expectations towards dating?

Any advice to a girl who has hight expectations towards dating and guys? i dont have high standars, i have dated all sorts of differnt type of guys, i dont have a type, as long as the guy is nice, cute and not overweight im probarly going to date him.

Anyway, i catch myself having hight expectations to how things are going to go and how fast they are going to go ( films have ruined me), i try not to let all these small voices and all my overthinking stay in the way, but it still super hard..

0|0
4|2

Most Helpful Guy

• Do you expect it to go fast or slow?

0|0
    0|0
    • I expect it to go fast and that they guy will act a certain way and if he doesn't I question he's intentions and reasons not to be wuth him etc

Most Helpful Girl

• Honestly, you just need to acknowledge that it's all bullshit. When I was young I waited for this fairytale shit to happen and I was sorely disappointed every time. You need to tell yourself that if you keep expecting everything in the world, you'll end up with nothing, because fairytales aren't real.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 1

• I don't know. I don't have high expectations towards dating.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• You need to get in touch with reality. When you start forming expectations ask yourself "Is this reasonable? Is this realistic?"

0|0
    0|0
  • Just try to think of people as a work in process u just got fine the right type of guy.!

0|0
    0|0
  • SIMPLE.

dont expect anything that has not been discussed and agreed to. deal in reality and you'll be fine.

0|0
    0|0