When is not being able to make a date not a blow off or a flake?

As title implies. When would you consider it not be a blow off or a flake, thus the person isn't stringing you along.

What Girls Said 1

• Depends on what the situation is, how many dates we've gone on, what we were planning on doing, why he's cancelling, how much notice he gave me, did he call me and sound sincere and re schedule with me? Or did he text me sorry and that's it?

What Guys Said 1

• When you explain yourself... or don't lie about it.

• So how would I know the person isn't lying per se? They explained themselves, over a couple of days, but it was when I tried to lock the plans in (plans that they had proposed, initiated, and invited me to).

• Well, that sounds like a blow off. I would just leave them alone then.

• Ya thought so, even though she was the one who made the idea, asked me along, and kept following through about it two weeks in advance but when I contacted her about it a few days before she explained she couldn't make it, gave the reason, and kept checking up with me if I was going to the activity