I am 21 and have never been in a relationship in my entire life?

Female. 21. Tall. Average/hourglass build. Considerately attractive. Yeah I have Generalized Anxiety and am moody, there are those who are fucking psychos and are married. I am so unlucky this concept of feeling incompetent without a partner and being alone makes me wish I was dead. It is an obsessive, impulsive thought. Why the fuck was I cursed with this? Anyone else in the same predicament?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• The girl I love is gone. I was about to enter a relationship with her but now she's disappeared. There are complete psychos in this planet that are married and having amazing sex lives. You and I, we're normal compared to these married psychos, yet we can't even find someone that loves us back. I guess this is a challenge that we both have to accept in our current lifetime.

Most Helpful Girl

• Nah everyone goes through this!

What Guys Said 11

• I been alone for 22 years, after 6 months of dating I'm back to being lone-wolf and to be honest I'm 120% happy with it. It all takes time to find someone worth spending your time with. Anxiety is a pain in the ass, but I think Clinical Depression + AvPD (I got this) is worse of a combo when coming to something like dating/relationship.

• Being moody and anxious isn't helping you (learn to control it) and hopefully you're not very picky because that's the most problem that people don't want to mention

• Well I know my anxiety isn't helping me. Anxiety only worsen the situation in every aspect. Yes, you're probably right to a degree, I have been told by others that I am considerably picky.

• Don't worry, you are still young, there are lots of older people who have never been in a relationship...

• That's what I tell myself but it is hard to let the overwhelming fear subside

• I'm not really in the same situation as you but you can message me anytime if you need someone to talk to

• You sound like a nice woman. I am sorry you feel bad. If you want you can pm me and I can try to help you. I went awhile thinking like that too but trust me it's not you. I'd like to help you but I'd need to know more.

• I am 26 and in the same position as you :( I really don't want to rely on an escort but... I should have had a relationship by now. If you are attractive, you will find someone to love you', don't worry, guys do the approaching!

• You seem decent looking, have you been rejected, picky or just haven't found the right person in all aspects?

• Thank you, I've never asked a girl out... I am afraid of rejection. Would a girl be creeped out if I randomly approached her in public?

• No just compliment her and don't be too abrasive. Start a conversation and if you get good vibes, go with the flow.

• Yes, you have. You are in a relationship with yourself and that's the most important one.

• you'll never land a hot guy, never.

mwhuhahahahahhaha.

• and i'm 25 so what? life is beautiful. i dont know about you but i love books. i could read books all day long.

• I'm 22 and have never so much as had a girlfriend. I've been hit on a few times and told that I'm attractive but I'm way to socially awkward to ever actually get a girlfriend 😣

• I have the same problem but I'm 36 :(

• Oh no it's you again

• Yep, and it's you again...

What Girls Said 5

• I'm turning 21 next month and haven't been in a relationship either. Relax. Your entire existence shouldn't be defined by your relationship status. I understand the frustration but taking it so personally is not healthy. Your time for a relationship will come, just like my time will lol.

• You've never been in a relationship? Wow. I though guys usually go crazy over you :D

• I reckon there's plenty of thirsty guys online, and it is much easier to flirt online than irl.

• That should help. Everyone has their own cross to bear and we have to learn to deal with what life has dealt us. My mother always tells me that I cannot burn bridges and must learn to not be so hard on myself. So do you have any good friends now. I hope things improve for you too!

• I live in a small town with women being under 5 foot 3. I'm 5 foot 6 and tower over the other women. I still feel awkward but I found a guy who's 6 foot 2 so it's great. My sis in laws I tower over by more than a foot I swear but hey I can reach the middle shelf at the store and they can't! Lol you'll find someone keep your head up girl! Best wishes to ya!

• i never had a legit boyfriend either and im 23

• plus i have anxiety disorder as well and im obsessive people think im retarted/crazy

• only difference is im good single... though i love the thought of getting married being loved having my own family i also hate being around people for more than one day i usually isolate myself cause i enjoy my own company and hate being smothered though i smothered my crush and stalked him and everything on the dl

• lets put it this way... i get attached to people but hate when people get attached to me i hate when people are all up my ass

• Very similar situation! I likely have GAD, Depression, and Social Anxiety although all are getting better or have never been super severe. I've never been in a relationship, am average/cute, short, and have an hourglass build. I think my problems are I don't put myself out there and I have a hard time recognizing when guys are flirting / interested and I'm slow to develop feelings and / or interest. I'm also very shy and just inexperienced about how to even show interest back. The timing's been off for me and the last two guys I've had an interest in as well. I don't know if any of these have been your issues as well but I don't think we're cursed, just slow to learn this stuff maybe?

• Yes. But lately I've grown to appreciate my solitude. I don't want a partner right now, I mean I don't want to date. After the last few guys I briefly dated, I'm good taking my own time now.