Is it wrong to be attracted to younger 'men'?

Is it really wrong for me to be attracted to younger guys who are at least 16-17? Even date them too? (the age of consent is 16 in my state, so it's legal!!)

It's not pedophilia. People misunderstand the definition of that word so much. I've just always been sexually attracted to younger men. If I wanted to date a young 16 year old man, it should be no one else's business because it's legal.

Most Helpful Guy

• yes its wrong. think about it. he has a lot to learn about life and he still needs to figure out what he wants out of life and who he is. if you date or have sex with them, you're robbing them of that. you'll fuck up his mind. just don't do it. let him grow up and have a normal life with women his own age. and no. its not okay for guys in their 30's going after young women either.

Most Helpful Girl

• You're the type of woman that makes people not want to have children because she's preying on them, and they fear what might happen to their child. #HowToCatchAPredator

cdn.smosh.com/.../chris-hansen-7.jpg

• I just feel if it's a natural attraction for some women, then what's the harm? I know it seems weird, but I don't think it's necessarily wrong to want to date a 16 year old guy. If that's my type that I feel attracted to, then who are you to judge? As long as no laws are broken then it should be ok.

• wow. That. Is. Hilarious. I mean oh my goodness. just wow.

• Who am I to judge? I am the judge that doesn't prey on young boys. (Joke intended)

What Guys Said 13

• It will be frowned upon by a good many people, myself included.

Keep in mind, legality and morality aren't always one in the same. A relationship between a 33 year old person and a 16/17 year old person probably isn't happening on a level playing field, ya know?

• But isn't that the whole point of having an age of consent? To let the younger person decide for themselves who to date? If it's consenting that is. Also, I look younger than my age (I look 25) so no one would really care in public

• Consent is more so a legal term than it is an ethical one.

I mean, is it likely that a 16/17 year old has the same mental maturation as a 33 year old? No. You know it's not. You have an advantage over them and can possibly coax consent.

• "Consent is more so a legal term than it is an ethical one." *the way you're using the term, that is*

• Yes it is wrong. let me explain why. One stop calling a 16 year old boy, a man. Two, at 16 hormones are out of control, you are in the heat of puberty. You are not the person you will be only 3 years later. you are a child mentally at 16, your brain hasn't matured.

• Yeah it's wrong.. They're mentally children..

• Nah, i wouldn't say wrong
    But i doubt he'd be a good relationship partner

• Your more than double his age though. You could be his mother. People date younger than themselves when they haven't lived enough and don't grow up in the head. I'm guessing you were in a long term relationship and spent too much time in the house waiting on him and feel you've missed out

• I never knew age of consent was different between states. I think it's weird for people to be attracted to anyone more than 5 years older or younger. I don't see it as a problem though.

• So me being attracted to a 27 year old guy would be weird? Makes no sense. but yes, people can't help who they are attracted to :)

• What about a 23 year old who looks 17-19 😉 lol. But in all seriousness how can you be emotionally involved with someone sso young. The thought process in life is so different and priorities not alligned. Or is it just physical?

• I mean... I've been hit on more by women in their mid-20's than girls my age.

• There isn't thin line between what is legal and moral. That being said yes it's wrong.

• What would your opinion of a 30 year old man dating a teenager be?

• What about 20 yos hot chick?

• you are another kind of pervert haha but i can't judge you cause i'm the same with women. but i admit if she looks too childish at 16-17 i'm not into her.

• Even if the legal age is 16, if I was a parent, I would be disturbed by a 33 year old woman, preying on my 16 year old son

What Girls Said 6

• It may be legal but it's morally wrong I think. The brain of a teen boy (or girl) is different than that of a a true adult male. I think it's ok to date younger MEN. I'm not going to tell you that's wrong. In fact, good for you!

I have a 16 year old brother (I'm 30, age here is wrong) and if my brother bought home a 33 year old or even someone in her early 20s, I would be pissed off. To me that's taking advantage of a BOY who's in puberty and doesn't have the maturity to sustain a relationship.

Best of luck to you... maybe aim for young men just not that young.

• People can't help what they're attracted to so I don't think it's wrong or disgusting. Honestly though if I was 33, even if I *wanted* to, I'd not date a 16 year old. Regardless of what everyone else thought it just wouldn't sit right with me... it's too young.

• I'm in a similar situation. I'm 16 and want to date a guy who's over 30. Seems like people react differently when the younger person involved is a girl vs a guy.

• No you like what you like

• It's not wrong for you to be attracted to them but I believe if you're going to go young it shouldn't be under 18. Are you positive it's legal for you? In my state 16/17 is only legal if you're 5 years older or less.
    You're an adult and 16/17 year olds are children and you would be doing something inherently wrong by pursuing a relationship with them in my opinion.

• well i think 10 years of durance or more is too much.