Girls, Why do girls say personality matters when we all know your lying?

Good looking= no personality
Not good looking = amazing personality

What I'm saying is no girl will even get the chance to see a personality before if the looks ain't good.

14

Most Helpful Girl

• Because personality does matter. I don't want to be with a hot guy when all he's going to be is a jerk with no personality. I would rather someone interesting.

• To your update: looks get you in the door but it's personality that keeps you there.

• That comment wins mho

• Lol thank you :)

What Girls Said 13

• It does matter. Its just not the only thing that matters. I dont care what people say. Looks matter

• Personality does matter to me. I can't stand talking to a boring/conservative/rude guy, i mean those are the characters that I hate. But you know, tbh, I definitely don't want to wake up and terrified because of an extremely ugly guy lying next to me. But there are some love stories like, the boyfriend got some accidents and he was no longer good-looking anymore, I'm not mentioning about that! My point is, the look is what attracts me first, but doesn't mean that that's what I am only care about. And there are ways to got girls' attention, not only the look. If you have some talent, like you can sing, you can dance, or do some magic trick, you can impress the girls as well.

• Ngl looks do matter to some extent.
    Attraction is a weird thing though because there are people in the past I wasn't physically attracted to initially but I developed crushes on after knowing thrm properly and their personality , for some reason I started finding them attractive (physically). On the other hand, I liked for some time but got put off by his personality. He was so mean and just plain rude and nasty.
    So in my opinion really it's down to the individual. I know there are girls out there who are so picky about a guys looks (never realised how picky girls were & im a girl).
    So yeah in my opinion it depends on the individual. Some people prioritise looks over personality and vice Versa.

• Personality does matter. If you're with a hot dude or chick that's great, if they're more boring to sit through than church then yeah that's a huge turn off. Heidi Klum was with Seal because of his sense of humor and personality.. not because he looked like the man of her dreams

• Mutual attraction is obviously important, but so is being able to have fun with each other and "get" each other.

A relationship that lacks understanding and a strong emotional connection is not one I'd want to be in.

• Because personality does matter a hell of a lot. Doesn't mean it's the only factor that I take into consideration - because it definitely isn't -, but I can't ignore that it's a main one :)

• Uh, yeah in my case that's not a lie. I love personality. Looks are deceiving.

• I reallt believe it!

• for both genders personality and looks are important and for both genders personality wins

• You've got to be joking! I'm not shallow and only go for looks, personality is 80% of what I look for in a guy (and girl) because that is what makes them attractive.

• You must be different to the rest of the girls in your age group respect to you. Most your age group are all shallow

• It's just my experience thats all not all girls are I just attract dumb shallow girls

• Ah, I hope that changes then

• I somewhat agree with your point - looks do matter but not as much as you think. I don't get attracted to every hot guy out there. Sure, they look physically appealing but that doesn't mean I'm necessarily sexuality attracted to them. When people fall in love, they don't fall in love with specific features... they fall in love with the whole picture. When I first met my boyfriend, I realized that his personality was even more amazing and fell even more deeply in love. If he had a shit personality, my lady boner would have died and I would have looked for other fish in the sea.

Looks only matter for the infatuation stage of dating. Infatuation doesn't last long anyway which is why personality is very important.

• Because one day we held a meeting, all the women in the world attended (we do this sometimes, it's just secret) and we decided to start telling this fantastic lie to see how long men were fooled for.
    To make it more believable, some brave women sacrificed themselves by dating fat, balding, excessively hairy, and ugly men. These brave women are taking one for the team marrying and staying with these guys, if they didn't, our lie would unravel.

• Lol I just see girls complaining all the time about their guy

• You know what i mean looks matter first before personality to determine weather you like a guy

• Depends on the girl obviously, some guys are like that too. It's not a huge shocker.

• I'm not even going to answer. lmao hahahaha