I'm Scared Of Relationships?

I'm a 15 year old girl and to be honest, I'm shit scared of anything remotely to do with dating, boyfriends or relationships in general. Nothing traumatic has happened to me in my life (thank the heavens), so it's not that. And I am not surrounded by crumbling relationships or broken families, so it's not that either. I have had boyfriends of course but nothing at all serious. I haven't kissed anyone but just thinking about it makes my skin crawl and I get really nervous.

Both of my parents (yes, even my Dad) said they wouldn't mind if I were to have a boyfriend, and that if I wanted to out to the cinema or get lunch with him I would be allowed. But I honestly am so scared of relationships, that I wouldn't dare. I am also friends with a lot of guys, but they are just friends so I know nothing like 'that' will ever happen with them.

But don't get me wrong, I find guys attractive and everything, but I just imagine them asking me out an I can honestly say I would deny every single one of them. At the same time I really want a boyfriend, but I'd be too petrified to even touch him in any way, shape or form, even a hug.

And I'm not an emotional person at all! The last time I ever cried was when I broke my arm at age 10, and I don't think I would even shed a tear of heartbreak if a guy were to break up with me. And I know that I am straight, I can't think of any other reason for these feelings of fear!

Any advice?

Most Helpful Guy

• I was the same at your age.. it was only until I was 17 did I really show interest in girls lmao

• Okay that's good! (Not that it happened, just that you were the same.)

• I will, just takes time, haha :')

• Just think of your life a one long road, with lots of turns and twists. You just have to find the right route.

Most Helpful Girl

• No one says you have to have a boyfriend at 15.

Don't go freaking out about it. Nowhere in society does it say you HAVE to have a boyfriend by a certain age. Nowhere in society does it say you HAVE to have a boyfriend EVER!

So quit stressing about it. It's no big deal.

I know seniors in college who have never had a boyfriend and they're totally fine.

So take a chill pill.

What Guys Said 14

• 15 year's old and you've had boyfriends, I don't judge, but by the average account, usually these relationships are without reason and purpose they are valueless, I think your problem is that you are living in an environment considered crude and primitive.

Agenda 5720 will solve all your problems.

• Sorry, i hope you don't take this the wrong way but at you're age is was just playing football and hide and seek. You're way to young for relationships

• Thanks for the advice!

• You're welcome. Just enjoy your youth! There will be time enough for relationships and all that. You're only a teen once ;)

• Your just not ready and that will change with age and life experience don't worry about it now

• Not to be picky but you're 14😂

• People are ready at different ages. I never dated or kissed a girl in HS, but all that showed up fine later. If you still feel this way at 20 then write again.

• Do what you feel like dude you should worry about what are you going to do in the future

• You're 15. Stay scared, and not pregnant.

• It's already too early for you.

• same I have had times were I could've got gfs but squashed it but not for the reasons you might think

• you are still very young so then don't do it if you are csared in a few years it will be better

• I am 26 and scared of relationships and girls. I've never been in a relationship before :S

• That's a bit weird... yeah?

• No such thing as the friend zone

• Ok im 15 to but im a dude and girl and boys are different I five the girls hint and flirt but remember flirting is supoosed to be enjoyable for both people or sometimes im brave and go over there and ask them out

What Girls Said 5

• Your 15! Keep your eyes on books and dreams!

• I was kind of like you. I didn't want to have a boyfriend because I was terrified of commitment or that we were going to have to do more and more physical stuff and I'm very insecure about my body so that terrified me even more. But when I met the right guy all of that went away. I think it's a combination of you not being ready and that you probably have fantasized about the perfect relationship and you're probably afraid it won't be like you imagined. Just give it time.

• Don't feel like you HAVE to be in a relationship or even date. Just hang out with your frie

• Meant to say, just hang out with your friends. It sounds cliche but when you meet someone, it will just fall together and you WILL want to be with them. Until then, just have fun and hang out. Relationships are basically friendships with a few bonuses:)

• I totally agree

• It is normal you are very young i am 24 and im still a bit scared of them.

• you're 15 lol. you're young. its not uncommon to not want to be in a relationship or anything at your age. everyone develops at different rates and you will get there but dont push it.

• That really helped! Thanks.

• my pleasure :) i was 21 when i really became interested in guys. like i found them attractivish and had crushes but it wasn't until 21 that i was like hot damn where have they been all my life lol