Why guys don't like to go shopping with their girlfriends?

What is so bad about shopping and why most of guys seem to hate it?

I am able to watch a football game with my boyfriend for 2 hours but he is not able to go shopping with me for 30 minutes hahaha is cute and sad at the same time.

I am just curious.

Most Helpful Guy

• I actually don't mind if it doesn't take all day, but the problem is that you say 30 minutes, but then it's 6 hours xD
    The worst part is when we enter the first shop, you see something you like but decide not to buy it and keep looking. We spend hours and hours, from shop to shop, just to end up going to the first shop and buying the first thing you saw hahaha

What Guys Said 28

• 2.bp.blogspot.com/.../...%2BShopping%2BPattern.jpg
    Men were not made to endure such hardships...

• most guys will go shopping. but most men absolutely hate shopping. I have seen women during this season walking around Toys r us (i am working seasonal just for some extra money for presents) and they are like "i just love looking around".. Why? what could possibly drive you to want to go places if your not specifically buying something? it is really like pulling your finger nails out with pliers.
    When i go to the store I usually know exactly what I am getting and where it is. I park at the closest entrance. I go directly to the item, get it, pay, leave. And that is only on the things I am unable to buy online.
    It just sucks really really bad. We don't want you watching the game if you hate it. Why would you want us with you if you know we really really hate it. I would always go with my ex wife. but that is because I was in a co-dependent relationship and I thought it was making her happy and I didn't care that it made me exponentially unhappy. I won't do that with girlfriends in the future. They can shop with friends.

• I like looking around, years of being on a reduced budget forces you to be a smart shopper and take your time finding good deals.

• That is true. however, once you look around long enough, you know the places that always have the best prices for specific things. So now, i know where to get most things. Food at Sams Club, Clothes a JCP, Shoes and most other items Ebay, Groupon and Amazon...

• "go shopping with me for 30 minutes"

I think we all know it's never "just" 30 minutes lol

• You may enjoy shopping, but for him it is difficult to see the pleasure in it. You are looking around to see if this dress looks better or that one, since you are the one shopping it is interesting for you. He however, doesn't really have an opinion on what you get, he is only waiting for you to make a decision. This means standing in one place for a long time which is tiring. Since you are the one making the decision he doesn't feel like he has any control over the situation and he doesn't know when it will end, both of which are kind of tedious for him. This is rather an extreme example, but don't forget this incident.
    gawker.com/man-commits-suicide-in-mall-after-girlfriend-refuses-to-1479660064

• Its awkward if your girlfriend is dragging you through a girls clothing shops. Or just being really loud about shoping with us without actually realizing it.

• ... Or the apsolute dreaded dragg through Victoria secret lol. hahahaahhaha. I haven't seen a more close to death face from my friend when we went as a group to MOA in minnesota hahahaha.

• I would love that, tell her what looks good on her it's fun for you and her!

• @mrsingle yea until your the only guy with a girl in the lingerie section. hahhaha

• Because for a lot of girls, the guy is just there to carry her bags. She's not engaging with him. And often it's way more than 30 minutes, it's a couple hours of watching her not be able to make up her mind what she wants while she tries in endless outfits. Guys like to go in, get what they want, and get out.

• I would actually prefer going shopping over watching sports as long as it doesn't last all day and it isn't always for her.

• I'd love to go shopping with a girl...

• Because they have to look at every single thing in detail, while men can scan and know exactly what he wants.

• I hate shopping
    That's one of the most "Beta" things a guy can do especially if he carries her shopping bags for her like a butler.

• I go shopping with my girl I'm dating, always have. It's one of the easier ways to separate myself from other guys 👍

• I'm okay with doing it if she lets me go in the dressing room with her.

• Shopping doesn't bother me, why? Sometimes I'm like a woman shopping. I look around for the best prices because I'm on a low budget. I've gone shopping for my nephews at toys r us before the holidays when lines are out the door and it doesn't bother me, or clothing store sales. Sometimes I look around because it's relaxing. People in the store can't believe I take so long cause I'm a guy, I gotta do what I gotta do there's a reason! So I sympathize with all women. Following someone else shop may get a little boring, but if your with your girlfriend or wife you can suggest stuff you like seeing them wear, that's worth the trip to me! 👍

• Because shopping is an incredibly boring experience. Even when I go shopping on my own, I know what I want, and I get it as quickly as possibly. The boredom is doubled when you're just stood there waiting for someone else to pick something.

• Personally I don't mind but there are things I could think of. So to begin with.. it usually isn't 30 minutes. If it is , it doesn't seem like 30 minutes to guys :P
    Secondly, women pay attention to many more things than guys when shopping clothes for instance. A guy like me will simply go into the store , choose 3 black t-shirts and a pair of pants and then finish his shopping. Whereas a girl will be in the shop comparing every detail in clothes :P After she has done that she will spend a little time to make up her mind what to choose.
    Last but not least, it's awkward in some cases. If it's grocery shopping then I most guys won't mind but if it's about clothes for example then it is a whole other story. Having to sit in a shop for women , holding bags and watching someone else buy stuff for themselves isn't the most exciting experience :/
    No offense to girls but it is kind of true :/ :/ :/

• When guys shop, they know what they want, it is not a shopping trip, it is a buying trip or nothing at all. Clothes may and groceries may be different, but when we need to buy it, we go for it.

• Thats an easy one, because women soend hours looking at one piece. For the same reasons i hated shopping with my mother when i was little

• we try to avoid the "do i look fat?" and the " how does this look?" questions at all cost haha if we say its nice too many times you get frustrated because your trying to narrow down what to buy, but if we say it looks bad your disappointing because you liked it xD

• I think it's partially that we don't want to pay for the stuff 😂. It's just not a guy thing. by the way, I generally tend to notice that when women go shopping or get ready by putting makeup etc, 10 minutes is more like 30 minutes.

• Shopping's dull in general.

• However long a girl says she's going to shop for, triple that and that's how long it's gonna take

• shopping = spending money for her ass

• I dont mind going shopping with my girlfriend. As long as she dont embarrass me

• Because it won't be 30 minutes, it will be 30 hours and you won't end up buying anything (or you'll buy too much). Nothing fun about 30 hours of shopping.

• its so dreadful and boring its killing me. all women that know me have realised how much i hate shopping and they are teasing me for it "wanna join us shopping?" and stuff like that... .

• Well probably want some alone time, to do whatever

• You guys take 60trilian hours shopping. I get board. Tf. Choose something and leave...

• Watching a football game is fun, whereas shopping with a girl just means spending money on unnecessary luxuries.

What Girls Said 6

• Well, to be honest. Getting dragged around to stores where nothing is aimed at you and you just have to watch as she eagerly tries on fun clothes, that's not fun for him.

The only reason I know is because I've been that guy, uh well erm girl. Because I've been dragged around the mall so many times with friends. I'm plus sized, so there were no stores when I was younger that catered to me. And most of my friends would get to shop at a bunch of stores, and I would just sit there, watch their bags. It was no fun for me. But I didn't want to be a bad friend and complain.

So whenever I go shopping with a guy, I try to have in mind what I am looking for and know what stores ahead of time I need to go to. I try to go in and out as quickly as possible. I also go into stores that he is interested in going to. For example, if I go to a shoe store, the next store we go to so the comic book store. I try to give him something to look forward too :)

• I usually just go shopping with my best friends. We have similar styles of shopping, and can go for quite a while without getting bored or tired. We find the best options and deals for what we're looking for, talk and catch up on what's going on in each other's lives, try things on, buy the couple things we want/need, and just relax. It's more fun if you're with someone who actually enjoys it, and then I don't have to rush or put my boyfriend through his version of torture either lol. If I know it'll just be a quick trip and want his input, that's the only time I'll ask him to come along.

I don't mind watching sports, so that's a different thing. If he asked me to go fishing with him for hours though... I can do it, but it would be tough lol. Especially when no one catches anything interesting, or at all, and you're just sitting there all day. I love the outdoors, but I'd rather go hiking, kayaking, or something like that.

• Some guys like it, not all guys are the same.

• My husband hates shopping. I usually clothes shop for him because he can't stand it. He is the get in get out kind if guy unless we go to his favorite store. When I went black Friday shopping I was pretty quick. I am not a big shopper but when I need to I do it.

• I'm not a guy but I absolutely hate going shopping with any of my friends. It's just... boring.

• Maybe it's just the way he is. The guy I like goes shopping with me.