How can I not be so picky with guys?

Okay so I'm 16 obviously but I am extremely picky with guys. I've dated a few guys but I've never actually LIKED them, I saw them more as friends. All the guys I end up liking are either older or just want to be friends 😂 I always fall for these guys who aren't like everyone else, they're always arty (any type of the arts), and they dress really different to other guys I see, especially where I come from they're really rare to find so when I find a guy like what I'm looking for, I fall really hard. I don't know why this keeps happening /: I keep trying to date guys who are actually into me but it never works out and I can't seem to catch these guys attention when I try and make them notice me. I am only saying this because I recently broke up with someone. I never chase guys if that makes a difference. Please no mean comments

Most Helpful Guy

• attractive females have the luxury of being picky
    at least right now anyway
    as you get older this may change a little but not very much

as a guy gets older he gains a bit more ability to be picky... life is very interesting that way

these things aren't always true but they hold true. at 16 you can realistically get any guy you want any age, shrug :P dont rush it, really

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 8

• In itself it's no bad idea to first learn to know people as friends. A relationship developing from a nice friendship is often a healthy relationship.
    Reason: when you fall in love you already know each other and like / love each other for who you are. Not for your "beautiful eyes" only!

• true, in fact most of/if not all where friends to begin with, but I find it hard seeing someone in a romantic light if my mind keeps saying they are just a friend /:

• That's bad news... I've had that a few years ago. I was starting to be terribly in love when she had to admit she had a good contact with 2 guys and I was second choice :-(
      I felt very small and unhappy for a week or so :o

• Gosh, our comments criss-crossed. Haha what a confusion :o :-(

• There is nothing wrong with being picky. However, you need to honestly assess yourself. If u expect a 9, are u a 9? Make changes accordingly to get there if not. Good luck! 👍

• This again?: You're young so you're attracted to guys who aren't into you because you're into the challenge of things and are turned off by guys who already like you without work because you haven't yet been schooled by a badboy who makes you do sexual things you're not ready for and then drops you after you've fallen madly in love THATS if you're lucky and he doesn't choose to abuse you while cheating on you for a while before dropping you...

@WhatTheHellAmy Same goes for you. Honestly, these kids...

• As a 16 year old perhaps finding guys who r perfect for u doesn't have to be your number one priority.

• Thats complicated, i have no idea really :/

• I know /: my one friend who literally jumps on guys all the time tells me I need to be less picky but I don't see the point of dating someone I don't even like! I think I should just wait for someone to come along and when they do, it will be way more worth it :)

• Hey so do i! I'm only 21 lol. We shouldn't let social pressure affect us tho ;) believe me

• you are overvaluing the wrong things but thats because you're young :) one day you will meet someone perhaps below your current expectations and fall for him :_) its just what you call being a teenager haha

• hahaha yep :') you're right. I'm really basing it off this one guy who I really liked for ages but he wanted someone wayyy prettier than me, even out of his own league, because she didn't like him back but I suppose life goes on :)

• hmmm let me think., thats right ur too young duh

• I'm average and want someone better than average is what you're saying, I think most people are in the same boat, you just have to accept that you'll need to be patient.

What Girls Said 0