"If men had any real options in dating, only busty women would be dating" do you agree or disagree?

Do you agree with this? My friends said that if they had any real say in dating, only women with nice bodies would be in relationships. That men often have to settle for women they don't like because the women they do like don't want them. And women who don't have nice bodies like Jennifer Lawrence or Scarlett Johansson are lucky to get boyfriends.

• Agree
  • There's some truth to it
  • Disagree

Most Helpful Guy

• Yep, exactly. Men have to settle for the women that like them

Most Helpful Girl

• i agree with @mroracle that physical attractiveness is important in a relationship. that said, everyone has different preferences, and what's physically attractive to me may not necessarily be to you.

(i'm an average-looking "girl next door", though my other half still looks at me like i'm the most-beautiful woman in the world; beauty is in the eye of the beholder, after all.)

What Guys Said 30

• This point of view assumes universally agreed upon preferences in women.

There is no such thing.

I agree that Jennifer Lawrence is an objectively beautiful woman. However, if I'm to line up women by my own prferences, she likely wouldn't make the cut for even the top 1000.

Other men disagree with me. That's the point.

• All else being equal, of course, both men and women would choose a physically attractive partner over one who wasn't. This is hardly news, or controversial.

But all else is NOT equal, and we have to date in the real world. There aren't many JLaws and ScarJos to go around, and, to no one's surprise, they end up with good-looking, often wealthy, often celebrity men themselves. They don't date schlubs like me. LOL.

Yes, physical attraction matters, and everyone has a "market value". And like in any sizable market, some people will value one aspect of something more than another, and the next potential "customer" who comes along may totally disagree with the first "customer's" valuation and priorities.

But, on average, we know what the market values. Physical attractiveness is valued in women, as is youth. Physical attractiveness is valued in men, as is security/money. Other things are valued as well, but those are probably the top 2.

It's also true that everyone wants to get the most value for their own "treasure", and it's equally true that the vast majority of people are going to end up with someone very near their own "market value". That's great if you're a 9 or 10, and not so great if you are a 1 or 2. But someone who is a 2 isn't going to get a 7, and someone who is a 5 isn't going to get a 9. At best, you might get one level higher than your own, but rarely more than that - so if you want better than that, you have to BECOME better yourself.

• Bull shit.
    Firstly men have different prefferences. Some like their lasses curvey, some chubby, some skinney. There are nearly as many different opinions on what makes a woman attractive as there are men... if not more to be honest.
    Secondly physical appearance matters a lot less to most men than the media makes out. Boobies are wonderful an all, but one look at sexual behaviour studies will show that men pick faces over figures... and their taste in facial features varies even more than taste in body type.
    And for both face and figure guys are very flexible. Willing to redeffine their opinions of what they find attractive based upon those they meat. This isn't "settling" as so many people would derisivly call it, its simply that other things matter more than physical appearance and their taste in that changes to reflect this.
    Most of all most guys care primarily about personality... and more etherial things. Lifestyle. Interests and hobbies. Sexual compatability. Physical chemisty... but guys are always more flexible on what they consider their boundries than women.

• I completely disagree. I've dated a petite woman with small breasts and I've dated a fluffier girl with large breasts. I really don't care. If I'm attracted to her I'm attracted to her. That shit doesn't matter.

• There's some truth to that but there is some truth in that for women as well. It wouldn't surprise me if the woman I end up with has in part settled for me.

img.pandawhale.com/...llen-Page-shrug-gif-Tb30.gif

• That is ridiculous, first and foremost that she suggests that men are that shallow. Thier are many factors looks are only one of those. Furthermore everyone has different tastes in looks and they vary wildly (aslo, your friend is a bit clueless since many guys find scarlet johansson to be insanely attractive) so even that is not applicable since some guys like women who are petite others like them thick and others still like women who are chubby, some guys like small breasts others large etc. So no that statement is inaccurate to an extreme degree.

• They are men. Not women who said this.

• "She suggests that.." there is no she. It was he. Many he's.

• I am sorry I thought you said your friend was a she. As for your friends, how old are they? They seem incredibly ignorant and completely wrong in this respect, for starters not a single guy I know has the same tast in women, not one of them. The other part of course being the notion that looks are the only thing that matters which again, unless your friends are teenage boys who are very insecure, the vast majority of men that I know would never claim that looks are the only thing that matters and that she had to have a very specific body type and if their was any deviation she would be considered ugly. I know guys who like thick girsl and petite girls large breasts small breast large butts small butts etc. So unless every man I have talked to is lying I would say the only reason why your friends have made this claim is due to being insecure. Also I don't know any guys who think scarlett johansson is unattractive so again, seems highly unlikely that they where honest opinions of guys.

• Show me a hot woman and I can show you a guy who is tired of having second with her. There has to be more to her than just her body

• There is some truth to it. Although I wouldn't really base it on body type, but beauty is also shit like facial features. My one friend for example is a bit overweight but has a pretty face and guys are constantly chasing her. This is the case for men and women.

• I have real options and my options are for women I like. And yes, you've read it correctly, never ever did I mention anything about breasts or great bodies.

• Partially true, but it goes for women as well. You can't tell me women wouldn't choose from the cream of the crop if they had the power to do so? People are physically selective, it's human nature as shallow as it seems. Obviously when we realize what we look like, we have to set realistic expectations for who we date, if at all.

• It depends on what someone considers nice. There is more to a person than just how she looks

• Its the personality that can make up for what ever a girl may in her mind be lacking.

• I am not in any relationship and not feeling well at the tought of downgrading myself and taking someone I don't really want. I try to be together with what I feel might suit me in appearance and common interests but a pretty girl still has slightly better chances than one I would find ok

• only immature men think soley on stuff like this,

if you actually think about a life partner, she has to be a women. someone who is tolerant, kind, smart, loyal and hardworking.

• well, women have all the options and way too many want those one direction and justin bieber kind of guys, so...

• Since when they don't have choice?

• "women with nice bodies" ≠ "busty women"

• Bullshit. Different parts of the female body, of different girls, will tick on different guys.

• Yes everyone would like someone with 10/10 looks but most men and women settle for on looks when they find a good personality or when they hit 30 and take anything

• Totally disagree... because then if I agreed, that would make me see centered and a pig

• I use the Grid of Destiny and an individual's Spiritual Signature to determine if I can date someone.

• Busty and nice bodies is NOT the same thing. A nice body could be the body of any hot girl.

• I voted C, based on your title. But having read this "My friends said that if they had any real say in dating, only women with nice bodies would be in relationships." I should have voted B.

Obviously if I could have any woman on earth I would choose one I got on with, who liked had a great personality and was also hot and young, most people can't get the person the consider to be the most attractive on earth (at least not who the consider most attractive on first meeting).

As for my voting C that was because I don't consider large breasts ideal.

• Strongly disagree. I personally find women with smaller breasts more attractive. I think that's true of a lot of men. The whole "big tits" thing is largely in women's minds.

• Large breasts are nice an all, but I'd much rather be with a woman who has small breasts and great personality than a large breasted woman who is an awful person.

• But if she has large breasts and a great personality, you'd prefer her right?

• There are many factors which would go into deciding who I would date. Religion, chemistry, mutual physical attraction, views etc... would be just some of the factors.

• I have a small penis, so I feel lucky that I actually found a woman who doesn't care (probably only because she's a virgin, though).

• I completely disagree, I never liked "busty women".

• Disagree x100000000. Having a nice body and being busty are 2 different things. It's all about proportions for me. I don't like the jennifer lawrence / scarlett body type, the womanly curvacious type. Hate to sound like a pedo but I like my girls real petite, girls who look like they have the body of a 16-18 year old. Ex. like sarah hyland, mila kunis.

Do I want a NICE body? Yes but nice is subjective. Do I want a busty body? Nah, not a necessity.

• While men have different preferences, one thing is certain for ALL woman. You want a tall guy. Yes, even those petite ass 5'2 girls want a 6 foot white dude. Fuck you!!!

• I'd choose small breasted over large, given unlimited options. I think that's true for 30-40% of men, from what i've read.

Large breasts are not as universally loved as you seem to think.

• Stop spreading this bullshit myth, I've never in my life heard a guy go "Well, I really like her, but her tits/ass weren't big enough" fucking never happens. I've seen plenty of women reject guys because of their height though.

• Not just body. Beautiful women.

What Girls Said 6

• Sorry but your friends sound terrible. That's the kind of attitude that prevents people from finding love and happiness.

There is nothing wrong with having preferences, but they have to be reasonable or they will find themselves lonely.

Beauty has some part in finding a relationship, but it's not the only thing. Besides, guys have plenty of choices when dating. It may not feel like it when they are single, but they choose whether they want to date a particular girl or not. They don't have to date anyone if they don't want to.

• You know, women are not materialistic, money grabbing whores and men are not shallow, aesthetically obsessed idiots.

There are men who find women of all shapes and sizes beautiful and sexy, to say they would go for tits over anything else is disgustingly insulting.

So no, I think this is rubbish.

• There are plenty of men out there who prefer smaller breasted women, so I completely disagree with this statement.

• Well at least 1/4 men prefer smaller breasts so no, I wouldn't limit it to busty women.

However, if women had their way, their boyfriends would all be physically attractive too. With lots of money & great personalities.

• Well I think women can't have it all, there are women with pretty faces but they have a flat butt and small boobs. Not every guy likes big boobs, some men are ass men

• All men have different tastes, some prefer skinny girls and some prefer curvy ones. Some like small perky boobs and some like big bouncy ones, some like fake boobs and some hate fake boobs. Girls are way more judge mental of their bodies than guys are.