How to forgive my mother?

she abused us, how can I forgive her and get over the fact she did that... I dont want my life to be about 'proving' her that I can be succesful, I want to be succesful for ME. not her, how can I do that? how can I not let her control me?

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't believe you can force yourself to forgive anyone. The people that claim you can are wrong. Most of them have no idea what you have been through. Real forgiveness has to be earned. If she isn't trying to earn your forgiveness there is nothing you can do to make yourself forgive her. The best you can do is come to terms with what happened and try to find some peace for yourself.

Most Helpful Girl

• You can always move out. Or just talk to her, but if that's not an option then you should just get a job and save up so you can move out. It won't last forever and it'll most likely get better

What Guys Said 2

• Tell her that what she did is no big deal, then move out and get on with your life for YOU, just as you say. Ignore her until she shows at least a modicum of contrite.

• Say I forgive you mommy🙂

What Girls Said 0