How come when men of different races say they like black women it's "fetishizing" them?

Black men can say they love white or Latina women and they never get called out for it. But whenever a white man says he likes black women then he just wants to fulfill his "slave fantasy?"

Most Helpful Guy

• Well the fact remains that if you're white you have a superior position in the dating world. White people aren't objectively superior but our society certainly props up whiteness and European beauty standards. I think sometimes when a white guy says he likes a nonwhite woman it can turn heads because he's going for something that less people in society deems attractive or desirable. Again women of all ethnic backgrounds can be gorgeous and I don't discriminate based on race but I'm just talking about how society looks at it sometimes. People think that he must have an unhealthy sexual fetish or just wants to sleep with a black woman or whatever as a reason to crossing those racial lines.

In reality there are white men and black women who fetishize each other just like there are white women and black men who fetishize each other and it isn't healthy. I've seen examples of this in my own life. If you're attracted to someone you should like them as an individual not because they're some prized racial trophy. Interracial dating can be a beautiful and enriching experience learning about different cultures if it's done for the right reasons. It can be explosive if it's done for the wrong reasons like I mentioned earlier.

Most Helpful Girl

• I've never heard of it being called a "slave fantasy" before but from experience, it's because that's how they act. Most white guys that has been interested in me has always mentionedyou race over and over. "I've never been with a black girl before." "I've always wanted to be with a black woman." "Being with a black girl is a fantasy of mine." I've heard them all before. So I can't help but feel like it's less about wanting to actually be with me and more about feeding a kink. And I know it's not all white guys.

What Guys Said 12

• White men aren't allowed to have opinions 😢

• I'm not even gonna front. When I see brothas with White/Latina women I be ready to dap em' up.

But when I see a black girl with some white dude?

I be ready to fight 😂😂

• I never heard anything about "Slave Fantasy". It sounds more like some SM game. However I can somehow relate.

When my white ex girlfriend dated me she was told she had "Jungle Fever". Even though I was the only black guy she ever dated. People say a lot of stuff they never ever thought about what it actually means. And people are too much fixated on race.

I don't know if you are in this situation or not but if so, just let them talk and just do what you want to do.

• Are you kidding? Black dudes get called out for that stuff ALL the time.

Everybody gets called out for stupid reasons by stupid people.

• Whites can do no right in this mad world. It's full of bitter, racist bastards.

• I've never heard anybody say that about white men.

• ignorance plain and simple. racism works both ways.

• How is this racist? About 85% of white men who date black women just see them as some type of fetish, bruh.

• @IStrokeUMoan i dated a black girl when i was in high school someone i worked with and spent a lot of time with. Was nothing fetish about it sorry to tell you. i think that you over generalizing a population by saying that it is. How many interracial couples do you know that are white male/black woman probably very few. I don't know any besides the one i was in. But feel that judging any race based on opinion of what you think they are/want is racists sorry if this offends you.

• @IStrokeUMoan I call BS. I just worked with and under (no pun intended) black women when I was an adolescent. Ever since, when I think of women, that's what I think of. A lot of white girls look just slightly "off" to me, as a result of that I think.

• i've never heard of a "slave fantasy" are you talking about that bdsm shit?

• If it was a white woman going for a black man, then yes, that's often "fetishizing" (poor black guys... smfh).

Usually, when guys pursue a black girl, it's genuine. Likely, a bitter white female is likely the one who will accuse him of racism, although it can be racist non-whites on occasion.

• because it's so dang rare for white guys to like black girls.

• "... whenever a white man says he likes black women then he just wants to fulfill his "slave fantasy".

Is this really a thing? I literally have never heard this before.

• In a way I have heard it but they don't say slave fantasy they just call the black woman "white man's whore". It may be the women who get called out more than the men.

• When have I ever had a "slave fantasy"? When have I said even wanted to date a black girl?

What Girls Said 4

• I guess since white men were the "leaders" of slavery I guess you could say. But hah, let me walk around with a white guy and someone comes in my face with this bullshit. See, how fast I punch them in the throat 💅

• Who calls it "slave fantasy"? And we (or at least I do) do call it a fetish when other people do it.

I mean I asked my boyfriend (white) does he fetish after black women on our first date cause I would not be comfortable with dating him then. We've roled played but never to do with race.

• I never heard that.

• That's why I no longer date white men. I dated a white man once, never again.