Is the "First Kiss" myth true?

hey I'm 20 years old and I've never had a girlfriend before, but I really like this girl. me and her have really been talking lately and she really likes me and I definitely like her. I find that me and her are very compatible and she enjoys my company as I enjoy hers. Thing she's in school upstate but she's gonna be moving to my city after she is done this semester and might have a chance to hook up.

But I wanted to know if its true that, no matter how much we really like each other if the first kiss doesn't feel right our relationship won't work?

help because I've never really made out with anyone before and I don't want my inexperience to mess up my first real chance at love

Most Helpful Girl

• Haha don't worry it's not true! My first boyfriend was my first "real" kiss, or first kiss with a boy for that matter, and it was AWFUL. I didn't get what to do so I just PRESSED my lips against his, it was just a smack and pulled away. It was HORRIBLE. I told him I was just kidding because I kept avoiding his kisses and finally "gave in" and in a sense I did do it kind of half heartidly but he did message me later that night going "Worst first kiss eva!" in a joking way. But as we went on our kissing got amazing. I started trying to kiss him for real experimenting with it, ect. The relationship didn't work out the first time, but we did get back together and have been going strong for over a year now, and I think many more to come. Things are amazingggg.

Basically, it's not an indicator of a relationship but it MIGHT be awkward or not as good as you want it to be, just remember to NOT let that get to you, you will get better and eventually she'll be like 'my boyfriend is a good kisser (; ' so g on the othert hand it COULD be perfect too! Go for it and I hope things progress!

What Girls Said 12

• I don't think this is true at all. This is definitely a myth. Don't ever convince yourself your inexperience will ruin things. A relationship is more than just physical. Just relax, be yourself. Chemistry is a hard thing to fake. If you two really love each other it doesn't matter how awkward the first kiss is - it will still be romantic/cute.

• I don't think so.

My first kiss was awful and very emotionless. I felt nothing and It made me all scared because I though that it meant that I didn't like him or that the relationship won't work. My boyfriend has been my friends since I was 4 and I was getting scared that I was lying to myself but the second kiss was very different. After that I knew that it would work and we could make it. Your first kiss might not be perfect but don't let it discourage you. You'll know over time.

• Kisses can't predict the future. If you feel that the relationship isn't going to work out by the first kiss, than that just means your over-analizing things. People should never let one little kiss define the future. Don't worry how the kiss will turn out and just enjoy the moment. Hope this helps!

• No, Sometimes even if the 1st kiss feels right the relationship can still suck. If you're that worried about technique why don't you practice on your hand or ask a female friend to teach you?

• Not true.

I think the myth started because the kiss can make your attraction lessen if it's not very good, but if you really like each other, it's not supposed to matter.

• Very untrue.

I was my current boyfriends first kiss and he was simply awful. Over a year later and things are amazing. And I taught him how to kiss. Make sure you tell her it's your first real kiss and that you're nervous, she will appreciate your honesty and go easy on you. And once you get that out you won't be as nervous, and sometimes nerves ruin everything.

• Dude Chill it Your Ok! Just Make Sure You Don't Hesitate And you don't Like Make any Gestures that You don't Know how to.. And If she Ask You Like Have you Ever Madeout with anyone Just Try to Change the Subject But Be swift as you do It Because if your do that a lot she Will Know somthings up.!

Ps Hopes this Helps:)

• Wrong. No way. Myths are myths.

• my first kiss was horrible...

he had left over food in his mouth...

u can imagine...wut I had been exchanged...

._.

• no that's not true. sometimes your first hook up is awkward, but that doesn't ruin the relationship.

• I've kissed a couple of guys, and I didn't feel anything for them the way I did with my most recent boyfriend. The first time we kissed felt different than it did with any other guy I've ever dated. And he turned out to be my first love.

But if you put too much pressure on the first kiss, you ruin everything. I was so freaked out about him that I hesitated with that first kiss. And he ended up bringing that up later, lol. Just let it be natural. Don't think to far ahead. Just let it be! =)

• Yes.

What Guys Said 10

• This is definitively false. Consider someone who waits for a person who truly loves and never kisses another girl in the meantime. That kiss isn't going to be so great because it's his first ever. Haha.

But seriously, the first kiss is just a random point picked to indicate how you feel around someone. It's no different than how you would feel during an entire first date with the girl, or at any other point. The real indicator is how you feel about her as a whole. It's not about whether the kiss is a romantic movie classic, it's about if you feel excited about the fact that you get to kiss this girl because you're really into her. That's what counts.

• So what do you think I should do for now man? See I'm not an Outcast or some lonely loser who trys to hard to try to have sex. I just never really cared about it, it never really phased me even though my friends were doing it. Also, I find most girls from 13-17 a waste of time because they act so immature. But now I'm 20 and I've known this girl since I was 18 but now I really starting to have feelings for her and she's only had 1 boyfriend in her life.

• Seriously, it's way easier for a girl to get a boyfriend than it is for a guy to get a girlfriend.

• Girls do not get to CHOOSE... Choosing from an offer, as apposed to what you want is VERY differnt.. I could have 50 guys INTERESTED,makes no differnce what so ever cause I dn't LIKE them.. & WAITING, is the opposite of choosing cause you have to WAIT - no choice..

It is easier to be expected to SAY something,

All the guys that are considered CREEPS, are equal to the GIRLS YOU NEVER SEE TRY.

It just APPEARS easy, cause you never SEE them rejected, cause they are not SUPPOSED to initiate*

• It's a myth. I've known girls who were great at kissing and zero in a relationship.

Not (yet) knowing how to kiss (you) isn't a reason that a person wouldn't be great in a relationship and learn to kiss better.

Off course, if you don't really want to kiss, then you might not want a relationship either.

• eventhough I have kissed a girl before, my first kiss was when I was 16, but almost 17, but I have never officially been in a relationship before, so I've never had a girlfriend and I'm still a virgin, I know how you feel, but I feel that you should be honest with the girl, if you are honest and tell the truth about your lack of experience and she backs off, then she never was the right one for you.

• In the world of hollywood yes it matters completely. In real life, no. I'm not going to say I am the best or worst kisser, but I have had some bad first kiss situations, and have ended up having them still liking me beyond that. There is always ways to recover. Or maybe the girl isn't so into that scenario.

• Nope. Not at all.

• The first kiss will feel right. Don't worry about it.. : )

• I'm 22 and never had a girlfriend, always been single, so you are not alone.

• It is not that easy for a girl to get a boyfriend. You guys have it easier.

• Caligirl, for a girl you don't even have to try. All you have to do is look good. Guys have to do all the work.

• Yeah, all girls have to be is cute or pretty in order to attract a guy, that's all, us guys have to be more than that, like us guys have to be perfect everything, we have to think right, talk right, walk right, sit right, stand right, breathe right, have the right attitude, mentality, social skills, conversation skills, etc.

• um that's crap haha. oh and don't tongue her on the first kiss. act like her mouth is a gatorade bottle and ur tryin to drink her haha. and I swear if you keep your eyes open ima kik you in tha bawlz

• That's ridiculous. If she really likes you, she won't care about your inexperience. You like each other, that should be enough.

• Not true...