My boyfriend keeps accusing me of being materialistic?

Accusing isn't really the word here.. More like trying to convince me that I am materialistic. We have been together off and on for 5 years and one of our biggest problems was that he would dig into my bank account (that I stupidly put his name on) to buy top of the line things that he never had the use for. (Ex: 6 pairs of Jordan sneakers that were $180 a piece). He has a desire for collecting nice things. He never even wore half the Jordan's that he purchased with my money.

Lately he's been trying to drill in my head that I would in fact be materialistic if I had the means to be. However, I've always had the means to be materialistic and have never gone out on shopping sprees to get stupid stuff that was over priced just for the sake of having it. I won't even spend more than $30 on a pair of shoes for myself. Now, I have well over $89,000 saved in my bank account that I could use for these things if I chose to do so but I have never had the desire to be materialistic. I would rather save and put away for things that are actually needed. The most I have spent on any item was around $650 for a brand new gaming system and games for my sons birthday. My kids get nice things. But I don't. It's just the way I am and always have been.

However, its really starting to get under my skin with his constant drilling. I don't know if him trying to convince me that I am materialistic is his way of trying to justify why he is or what his motives are. I have no idea. Do any of you have any insight that you can share with me as to why he is trying to make me out to be the complete opposite of what I am? How can I get him to shut up with his insisting because it is really starting to piss me off.

And yes, for those wondering, I have taken him off of my bank account and he no longer has access to it.

What Guys Said 1

• Kudos for you on getting his lunch hooks out of your account , that was a very wise move. It would be bad enough if it were a hubby dishing out that kind of money on a pair of shoes little lone 6 pair... Geeeeeez. It would appear that he is trying to justify blowing a grand on something so ignorant. Or he is hoping you will go by a high dollar item so you can't hold his frivolous spending over his empty head.

What Girls Said 0