Are guys afraid of a woman who is college educated? Like intimidated by them?

Thank you to those who answered honestly about liking that a person is educated. I was asking because the individuals I have met here and at school do not appear to have goals for the future. I wondered that if they were intimidated by girls who do have goals. It's simple.

If you're going to comment about looks being an issue, you probably shouldn't have a cartoon as you profile picture.

Nothing in the question related to assumptions.

Most Helpful Guy

• Based on a lot of interactions with the girls on my campus I get a feeling that an absurd amount of them are there just to hunt for a future husband more than actually work towards creating a career. To be fair I also think a large majority of the guys are just there to continue partying and extend their childhood.

Being college educated doesn't really mean much other than that you were willing to show up to class and at minimum get passing grades. And that's coming from someone's who's going to graduate soon. Nothing to be intimidated about really.

Most Helpful Girl

• that s going to be an issue though cause aren t most of us college educated?

What Guys Said 39

• No, I think it's awesome for a girl to have an education. In fact, I'd be more worried if she didn't. I'd be afraid that she'd never be able to get a good enough job to be able to pay for existing.

I don't mean to come off as selfish, but even if I actually wanted to pay for everything, with most jobs in the modern world, you just can't. It's mathematically impossible. And it would put a strain on the relationship. Maybe it was possible before, in the post-WW2 era through the '90s or so. But it's not easy to find a job where only the man working a regular job is enough to pay for everyone.

• i would say it is a plus, I don't know why mainly but i would love a girl who was intelligent.
    i did psychology and when a girl tells me she went to college or passed a subject equally hard and tedious as your own its a mutual experience, and college certainly changed me for the better, im more mature, organised and open minded and having someone who also has also adopted these traits in college is a plus from me.

• I'm not intimidated by them but some women like to rub it in your face and talk down to you and when that happens I flip my shit.

http://www.excusememe.com/pics/imagebase/5020.gif

• not afraid of or intimidated by college educated or intelligent women

• Not at all. I find them slightly more attractive if anything. Guys that do are probably just being insecure. I don't see a rational reason why that would make a woman less attractive.

• I can see that as a case I didn't think about that really. I've Hadley's down talk me as though it's bad to seek an education. I'm not saying I'm the better but my goal for school was to finish and I'm about to in 3 months.

• Good for you. :)
      There's nothing wrong with seeking an education and I think any guy that thinks so is being an idiot.

• I'm enrolled in university (grad) so I've developed a preference for women who are college educated and more importantly intend to use their knowledge for something useful in life.

A determined, intelligent woman with high aspirations is infinitely more appealing than a cutesy 20-something year old with the mind of a child who simply wants me to take care of everything for her.

So no, I'm not intimidated by educated women who think for themselves. In fact, it's a huge turn-on.

• Those who haven't suceeded academically might be intimidated by a woman smarter than them, but generally I wouldn't say so. Certainly not amongst guys who have done higher ed.

• of course not. especially with most womens degrees i would be more turned off if they studied something stupid.

• No I'm not at all intemidated by a woman of education at all. Book smarts is all fine and well , but without application it's still just that. Life's lessons go a long way in developing ones mind as well as preparing one to service in the big world. If said woman has both the knowledge and experience then she is indeed a force to be recond with.

• I thinks its hilarious you assume that the reason men aren't interested in you is because of the fact you have a college degree :D

Most women end up getting a degree, so if your assumption is true that must mean men are intimidated of most women... or maybe there's some other aspect of your personality that blows and that's what turns men away from you.

Also disinterest doesn't equal intimidation. Its also kinda arrogant to think "oh he doesn't want to date me, he must be intimidated of my awesomeness"

• It's not "assumed" it's a question. You should re-read the question asked.

• Yes, but the question had to of ccome from somewhere. Its not unreasonable to think that the question was inspired from your personal experience.

If I was to ask "why don't all women enjoy giving me oral?" people would assume that I must have had experience dating girls who didn't like to give me oral. And that assumption would probably be correct, because why else would I have asked that question?

Just like how Im assuming you feel that some of the guys in your life have been intimidated by your college degree.

• You are assuming. It's just a question dude, nothing to get your panties in a bunch.

• If I could meet a semi calm girl who's intellectual, that'd be it, take me off the waiting list, I'm all set. XD

• No I think it's cool if she's better than me at somthing

• I think that both eill have stronger suits or not as good ones than the other. It's not really a contest as to who's better. just because one is more educated than th other or has the financial ability to do so, doesn't make either person higher lower than the other. I like it when a guy is better at things than me and I kinda like being better at things than him. It makes me feel like I could help, if a situation were to arise.

• Absolutely not. I actually like it if she is educated.

• Personally I don't think that at all.

It's nice to know that a girl has her life in check.

• No I'm not

• haha no... well maybe if your career is a sever at Dairy Queen but for most guys it's probably a turn on

• Thank you for your opinion. It's good to have a goal that reaches further than a server at dq. Although those blizzards are good.

• No I like educated women!

• No. Guys can get college educations themselves.

• I like smart girls there a lot of fun

• No, I prefer an intelligent, educated woman who has interests that don't involve what the Kardashians are doing. I've known some girls who were pretty good-looking but that I just had no interest in because they were so petty and shallow - like 23 going on 14.

• What's she gonna do hit me with her diploma?

• well.. i know a guy, a friend who is feels useless or ( maybe intimidated even) kos his wife is better educated and better career wise. in a much higher designation, and a better salary.
    So it might happen. I dont think it will happen to me. each guy is different. you can't really stereotype.

• It ceases to amaze me how girls can be smart enough to go to college but not smart enough not to date guys who haven't

• I think that you don't have to go to college to prove your worth, I do think it's important to have some kind of goal. I was just wondering. I've had individuals insult me like it's bad to go to school. Mine was awarded to me by the army and I'll use a benefit that I earn.

• lol it's not about proving your worth... you actually learn things in college that you don't learn if you don't go. It's nice to date someone who knows things.

• Not me I don't give a shit but college education doesn't always equal smart or nice person I've met lots of smart chicks are complete jack asses major turn off.

• I am 21, not a college graduate and has no intentions to be one. I am not intimidated by them at all, I just find it funny that sometimes that some of them assume they are smarter than me just because they graduated from college, in most cases, it turns out that's not the case.:)

• I think this is rarely the case.

• yes. i'm scared of them. why can't i be from the middle east? damn you educated women!

• No unless she say I'm more educated than you and make me feel she's better than me

• No, what's there to be intimidated about?

• I was just wondering. a lot of the men I've met in my town do not seem to have goals, and while I don't think we should have the same goals..: I do feel it's important to better yourself. You don't want to live with mom and dad your whole life (speaking as if they weren't the caretaker).

• @Ellebelle1187 No need to get defensive, that's what I thought you're implying because your question stated college educated and since you mentioned goals I thought you meant college education.

• The old 'I'm undesirable and I don't know why so it must be their fault' shtick.

• I don't see myself as "undesirable" it's simply a question.

• A question based on a rejection defense mechanism. Have you tried to gain the attention of guys and they've rejected you? or are you just asking because you want to know beforehand so being rejected won't hurt as much? Either way, rejection and desirability/lack thereof is the foundation of the question.

• More from Guys
    9

What Girls Said 8

• Sometimes! Some guys tho, not all. But you do meet the few dickheads who want a woman to be lower than them because it makes them feel uncomfortable knowing she can take care of herself financially.

• Nah only the sad types.

• I don't think so. Where I come from the majority of women have college degrees I don't see why they would be intimidating men

• I hope they aren't intimidated as we outnumber college educated men.

• So many women go to college these days. Hardly rare. No degree but a PhD really intimidates anyone. It is when a woman is very smart on top of the degrees, like went to the Ivy Leagues that guys seem to care a bit.

• My personal experience says no. I've dated several guys without degrees.

• No.
    I'd think it's preferred that women are college educated.

• Nah, unless he's incredibly insecure.