Would you date someone who was divorced?

• Yes
  • No
  • Maybe

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, if attracted obvi. I personally know Several people that got divorced at young ages so I know it shouldn't be a deal breaker whatsoever in my opinion.

The thing is certain religions and social groups really pressure people to get married at young ages and early on, especially if you have the no-sex-until-marriage standard, it can really make for social pressure to get married young. Which can create a lot of bad situations, and lead to divorces. Which is the case for several friends of mine that are/were divorced.

• I think you crawled into my brain and read my mind because that's exactly what I was looking for

• One of my friends she got divorced bc her husband was a piece of shit and they were pressured to get married by religion/family. But she is engaged again now! And seems really happy :)

Most Helpful Girl

• Can & have. At 20, I'd have taken it really slow, though.

What Guys Said 23

• I was divorced myself with custody of my 4 year old son. I met a woman on eHarmony 7 months after my divorce became final. She was divorced with two daughters she had custody of. We became serious. Nine and a half years ago we married.
    Best decision I ever made was to join eHarmony. That decision led me to @GraySailorsBride.

• I married someone who was TWICE-divorced.

• Yes of course... kids are the major issue not divorced.

But it does suck a little when its not both our first times getting married. Id hope she's more ecxcited than the first time around, otherwise id feel a little bit like i missed out. But meh

• That totally makes sense. I think most women are always excited about weddings though :)

• Yea i think so too... even with kids its not a deal breaker. Only once ever i met a mother that was going to get divorced and there was something about her and her kids that just worked. I think its becwuse the little ones got attached pretty quick and were sad when I left.

But yea as long as she's happy internally and it shows, then no worries :) but if she's a divorce queen then no lol. One divorce is enough

• Unlikely. Maybe if I was desperate. 😂

• I would. I mean, I'd be hoping that they learned something from the previous marriage and if it was their fault, they would know not to do it again and ruin our relationship.

• I have no problem

• If I am also divorced then sure. If I haven't married yet, then no way.

• I don't think I could. It would make me think about a lot of things. Even if she claimed it wasn't her fault, or that she made a bad decision I will never know for real. Divorced people carry a lot of baggage and I wouldn't want to face that. I also don't want the possibility of turning into her ex later on, and having her same mistakes on me... Just no.

• What if she married a high school sweetheart or he cheated or something? Still too much baggage?

• Doesn't change anything. Even if her ex husband cheated what were his motives? Sure, he could've been a jerk but what if she pushed him to do it? Or that she was so awful to the guy he turned to anger and cheated? I'm not defending hypothetically the cheating or anything, but again I wouldn't want that to happen to me. I don't know her reasons of getting married in the first place (specially if she was younger than me) and less the causes of the divorce. I would always be wary to that. Maybe later in life I can consider it (as long as she doesn't have any kids. But I don't think I could at this point.

• NEVER that's like digging through somebody's trash.

• It depends on why they got divorced. If she cheated on her husband then I definitely wouldn't date her

• I avoid the divorced.

• I don't think so but i'm not sure

• sure, why not

• If she had kids already, I wouldn't.

• Yes, why not!

• If they hot, yea

• Yeah sure.. Only date..

• Yes, I would date someone who was divorced.

• Depends...

• No I don't date people who are failures.

• No. She's used up and damaged.

Ever seen the divorce rate for second marriages? Bullshit, I'm not putting myself in a fucking awful situation just to be PC. Divorced women are useless trash, and any man with a brain should stay the fuck away from them.

• Don't see why not

• Divorced? Sure

Kids? Nope

What Girls Said 12

• No, not at this point in my life. That's wayyyyy too grownuppy and serious.

• I've dated people who were married, divorce is no issue. Would I marry them though, that's a different question. Probably not. They already promised until death us do part, for better or worse and failed to keep that promise, I would be under no illusion that they could just as easily walk away from marriage No 2.

I'm not crazy about marriage, but if I get married it will be the only time it ever happens.

• no, too much strings attached, and baggage. I wished I didn't even date someone who had an ex... ugh

• Maybe... it depends on the person.

• I would rather not. Voted Maybe. It depends on why they got a divorce and if he has kids from his previous marriage or not.

• sure, why not? there are many reasons for divorce...

• Too much baggage for me, sorry.

• Yeah I would

• I have before.

• If they have Kids then o

• I would unless they prove to me they are the person I am looking for.

• No, because I want to get married and the guy is most likely bitter about marriage