Why is it racist to date your own race?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's not. Only politically correct nut jobs say things like that.

• Five of them downvoted you! 😂

• won't downvote but i'm for political correctedness for the most part. but i don't give a crap about what race people date. date you who you like. there's nothing political correct or incorrect about it.

Most Helpful Girl

• According to gag you are racist if you are in a relationship with someone who is of the same race as you. It's a bunch of bullshit.

• Thank you

• @fakename123: Not bitter, just honest. It's been scientifically studied, and we absolutely do have unconscious biases that we aren't aware of. And actually, I would have to argue that that mindset is indeed healthy, as being aware of the fact that you are probably unintentionally racist is a decidedly good thing. Being aware of your subconscious biases is the first step in being able to fight them and recognize them when they pop up.

• @cipher42 fight against nature? a force of the universe? are you absolutely and utterly insane?

What Guys Said 37

• Of course it's not. Don't worry about any hyper-PC misinformed smug my-farts-don't-stink-I-am-perfect douchebags who gave you that impression.

• Judging by the logic of anyone who says that, then 99% of the world population is racist, considering the majority of us date with our own races.

It's natural. People need to stop forcing interracial breeding on others.

• That is okay to date who you want if you take it too extremes - I am straight, I only want to date girls therefore I am a homophobe.

• racism is about who you hate, not who you love.

• I love that. A good saying (:

• Preference is not racist, I don't know why this has become an issue. If someone prefers a certain look, how is that possibly racist? On the other hand to generalize a race is so to say "I don't date ________ because they act ____ way, or they do _________" is. But to say "I like pale skin, blue eyes and black hair" is just a preference.

• it isn't. who says it's racist to date your own race

• Who says that? Cause I normally see Asians not to be super biased but more often than not I see Asians dating Asians. Rare occurances do i see Asian and another race. At least in super public display like dates etc.

• Social justice retards want everyone in an interracial relationships, Nonwhite perverts with a "White bitch" fetish wants all white women to worship them ( some women seem just as bad).
    And people get a sick gleeful enjoyment seeing white men bashed, and nonwhite women to a certain degree.
    Some others get the same glee seeing other races of men bashed.

• I don't think it is racist it's just typically you arnt attracted to people that arnt your race because I'm sure there is a guy somewhere out there that you would be attracted to and isn't the same race as you it's just the features you like don't generally appear in other races like say I'm into natural blondes and no one else well that narrows down my available races to pretty much caucasion

• It's about as racist as my preference for chocolate glazed donuts. So no.

• YES IT's RACIST.
    And It is racist because skin color shouldn't matter in the ideal situation, Does being of a specific race makes you a better / worse husband/wife? NO.
    So if you are completely excluding one race from the equation it is an unreasonable bias against that race, and thus it is racist.

• Fuck me I'm so tired of these "am i racist because i like white guys" fucking questions it's everyday when will people get it NOOOOOO it's just preference.

• It isn't and anyone who says so is a moron. It's usually self entitled ethnic minorities that peddle this trash.

• Yes its now considered racist by many professionals if you exclude other races based on racial preferences. But it depends

If you date your own race because of culture and religon or anything of that sort then its fine. But if you only date your own race because you find other races not as good as your own or because of stereotypes you will exclude certain ethnicities, then it is racist.

• You believe this why? Cuz of the bs questions on here? Well no you aren't...

• The same way you're homophobic if you won't date your own sex.

• Don't be stupid you are born hetero or homo you choose who you date on the other hand you can't choose what you are attracted too since that is also predisposed but liking your particular race is not a predisposition it doesn't mean your racist either unless you think that other races are inferior to your own which you seem to think so when referring to human beings that are mixed as mutts

• @Nicolás25 nah you are born and then you grow up to like a certain sex... you dont go around seeing 4 year olds fuck now do you

• Wow that's up there in stupidity with if we came from monkeys whyare there still monkeys

When you were four you saw attractive women on TV or in life and you felt attracted to it you were born heterosexual I feel like I say this to you all the time but dude you're username is so ironic

• It's not. Date who you like

• It's not racist. Anybody who says otherwise is an idiot.

• No. It's not racist at all and don't worry about these questions you read here on GAG. Racial preferences are not racism. And if you think about it, if you reject white guys because they're white is kind of racist on it's own, right?

• Its not racist but if that's all you date because you don't like other races than it is discriminatory to other races

• And if the reason you don't like other races I because you think their inferior to the people of your race than it is racist

• No
    It's just a personal preference

• No, not at all. I'm white and <3 white women!

• I swear if I get rejected because she thinks its racist I am going to cry and accept my fate of valentines day. I like her so much, I hope she likes me too

• Short answer: No.

• Don't listen to the pc mob. The biggest band of fruitloops since the nazi party that lot. Nothing wrong with dating your own people

• Umm who tells you this?

• What? that's ridiculous!

• Not at all. Who said that?

• It really isn't...

• I don't give a fuck what you do.

• More from Guys
    7

What Girls Said 27

• It's also terrible to be white. Or straight. Or male. Or identify as the sex the doctor determined you to be at your birth. And heaven forbid you be all of the above.

• It's racist if you outright say that you only date white guys because they're racially superior to guys of any other race.

Otherwise, you're fine. Don't let people on here, especially, influence who you date. There does seem to be a trend as of late of posters claiming that it's unfair for whites to only date whites but.. They're not in the relationship. Not their call to make.

• It's not racist. Some people don't know the definition or 'racism' it appears.

• Because people are butt hurt that not everyone they want to date wants to date them. Since it obviously couldn't possibly be an issue with the butt hurt individual, the entire ethnic race of whatever gender isn't giving it up to them must be racist.

• who the hell said that? lol

• I don't agree.

• Um. I'm white and I have literally never been told I'm racist because I'm dating a white guy.

You're making shit up.

• "omg, its never happened to me so that makes your experience not truee!!!" See how dumb that sounds girl?

• You ALWAYS get told that?

Like..

Really? ?

• Yesssss. I live in California

• No.. date who you want..

• How is that racist? Whoever said that it's racist is just ignorant.

• Where'd you hear that? It's definitely not racist at all.

• That's not racist and those who say that are pathetic. Its just a preference

• It isn't...

• No. It is not racist.

• There's nothing wrong with having preferences or being attracted to particular people.

• It's not racist 😂 People can date whoever they want to date 💏

• Its not..😐😐

• If you're a POC, it's not. If you're white it is

• It's not..

• It's not racist. :)

• Haha that's just stupid, then I guess I'm racist because I only dated latinos.

• You're allowed to do that though. White people aren't

• Nobody even said that. I don't know where you got that ideology from.

• It isn't. Period

• it's not. who said it's racist?

• Racism = hating a race.

Nowhere does dating someone your own race imply that unless you hang a sign on yourself that says "I hate every other race" and wear it every day.

• No. Don't let this one guy on here call you racist for it. He has issues. You date whoever you want, it's your life not theirs.

• It's not racist. But it can be if you choose not to be open due to stereotypes.

• Is isn't but most of the time the people who choose to ONLY date their own kind have some prejudices towards other races.

• I assume you mean, to only date your own race? The action itself isn't racist but the prejudices and reasonings behind it often are. You probably already know that though.

Even if it is racist - if thats who you are then... I mean, as long as you aren't hurting anyone.

I'm not into dating my own race, and people automatically assume I have a case of self hatred. I'm not stupid though, so I can understand why they think that and I can even concede that self-hatred is the root cause for many people to avoid their own race, but it varies from individual to individual.

Likewise, if you were honest and intelligent about this question, you would understand that racism is involved in much of our attraction, depending on the group, person, context, etc. Your reasoning or root to your attraction may or may not be rooted in racism, and to varying extents, but you should be able to understand why that is the case for some people.

No one can really tell you it is or isn't racist for everyone who has this preference. It very well could be for some people.

• What race are you?

• I'm black/African-American.

And you? :)

Thanks @TripleAce

• @cipher42

After reading the comments, I don't get the impression that many people here, including @Asker , would know basic psychology if it smacked them it the face. Kudos for trying though lol