Phones in a relationship... how often do you use your phone in front of your partner?

Say you and your partner are together 60% of the time b/c of work & things like that. How much of that 60% are you guys on your phones?
these days r so different from the past when there was no phones.
I feel like if we didn't have phones we would no each other more. What do you guys think?

Most Helpful Guy

• I rarely am on my phone while with a girl unless we're just laying in bed doing nothing.

Most Helpful Girl

• I only really use my phone if it's truly necessary, not when I'm bored around another person and want to fill my time with my phone. It's the same around friends and dating I think, I just find it super disrespectful to be looking at your phone with company. Maybe I'll feel differently if I lived with that person but only 5% of that time would I be using my phone.

What Guys Said 1

• I don't go on my phone unless something important or I'm going show her something like on social media or that but it just feels rude to be on it if your with someone
    I feel that person deserves your full attention
    But everybody is different

What Girls Said 4

• My boyfriend and I use our phones around each other a lot, but that's mostly because we watch Netflix off of them together. Other than that we don't use them unless we're calling family or texting a friend.

• Before my boyfriend and I lived together I'd stay with him for a week or two straight and the only time I was on my phone was when we took pictures. I'm glad we can hangout without phones..

• When I'm with him, rarely.
    Like, I'll answer it. But I don't just browse all the time.

• Not that much. If he goes to the bathroom or something while we're out I'll pull out my phone to check facebook or something. He's pretty much the only person I text regularly though, so if I'm with him I don't need to check my phone. He checks his phone a lot more often because he's always getting notifications from different sport apps and his friends text him a bit more often. Still we don't really spend much time on our phones when we are together.