I went on a date and refused his advances. Now he stopped talking to me. Does he seem desperate or what?

We chatted for around an hour, then he started putting his arm around me. I slid to the side a bit, but then he asked me to sit closer. I told him that I think he's moving too fast and that I'd like to keep my personal space. He then goes "very well, thanks for the evening and best of luck in your future dates" and went off.
Does he seem desperate or what?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah, he seems like a jerk who does not respect your boundaries. You wouldn't want to be with someone like him anyway. Looks like you dodged a bullet.

Most Helpful Girl

• i think yo guys were looking for different things. i dont think it means he's desperate. people move at different paces. you did nothing wrong, of course:)

but why would he talk to you it didn't wrk out. whats there to say? were you friends earlier?

What Guys Said 22

• How does that make him seem desperate? It's quite the opposite. He doesn't want to take it slow so he was straight up with you and left. Enough said.

• He was obviously attracted to you and was trying to show you and your relationships fair and respectful was taken as rejection so he felt you were not interested. Did not find him attractive. This meant he felt the rest of your time together would be wasted.
    Don't take it to heart. Nothing wrong with what you did.

• in a guys point of view, he was obviously there for the wrong reasons and he's trying to strong arm you into being physical with him

You saved yourself From a shitty relationship... most likely

• He was expecting a quick hook up and you put him in his place , thus bruising his fragile ego

• Desperate , or just precise with his time?

If you're rejecting small advances, he's probably just deciding there's not enough attraction to make it worth the time.

• Seems more impatient to me, he didn't want to bother with getting to know ya, he just want to get with someone.

• No, just annoyed. Pretty normal reaction.

• You refused his advances and he realized you are not attracted to him so he decides to move on and not waste his time on you, does it matter if he talks to you or not?

• He doesn't want to waste his time

• He sounds extremely pushy. That's not how you behave on a first date if you're serious about a relationship. He was probably planning a "pump and dump" operation.

• Desperate is not the word I would use.

• he's just a dickhead, forget about him. if he can't value your opinions he's not worth your time.

• Way too desperate. He will bring more trouble to you than anything.

• I woulda did the same thing. Peace I'm outta here.

• It means he got the message that you don't like him

• he wanted sex, nothing more.

• Sounds like he was trying to make it a date. After all, girls and guys can't be "just friends". Everyone knows that

• If he was acting inappropriate or asking you for sex I understand that, but you distanced yourself from your date and made him feel un welcomed or out of place and he's not the sounding desperate right now. Did you expect him to speak to you again?

• He's definitely either desperate attracted to you but if I was you if you don't like him don't talked to him either because he will be a clingy boyfriend and a clingy friend.

• Desperate? No. Pushy and tactless? Yes.

• Nope! You refused his advances so he's moving on. If he were desperate he'd just keep hitting on you...

• No, you just don't suit his needs

What Girls Said 7

• Damn he probably feel shot down!

• Lol, thirsty much?

Guy wanted physical contact after only being on a date for one bloody hour like that's enough to get comfortable around a stranger.

Thank the heavens this idiot removed himself.

Christ.

• No. If he was desperate he would have tried to get with you anyway. He realized you weren't into him and thought that that was the end of it.

• Not desperate. He seems like he only wanted to hit it and quit it.

• No he just thinks your not interested so your no longer worth his time

• Definitely. If he doesn't respect your boundaries, he isn't worth your time.

• It sounds like he was just looking for sex, and he realized that he wasn't going to be getting it easily from you. Guys like easy sex and if you don't fall all over them they will move on because they know somewhere they'll find a girl who will do it no questions asked. You probably dodged a bullet. 😂