Why do people come back?

why do people always come back to their hometown after studying elsewhere and alll of a sudden they miss their family and friends and return with this attitude of appreciating whats around them? I mean imdying to leave

Most Helpful Guy

• Yea that's very common. I've done it and so have a lot of other people I know. Most of us who did it were like you and wanted to leave.

I think it's a combination of things. Part of it is the grass is greener syndrome. We thing someplace else will be much better. Then when we get there it's not, and might be even worse.

Another reason is like you said, it's about family. That becomes a really big factor as we get older and our parents start aging. When you only see them once a year or less, then the aging process becomes a lot more noticeable. On top of that, our relationship with our parents changes and we tend to value their company more than we did before.

The other thing is that where we grow up has such a large influence on us. It's apart of us. Our views, interests, and a host of other things are heavily influenced by it. We might not notice it until after we leave. But then our connection to where we grew up becomes more noticeable and we feel more connected to it.

Most Helpful Girl

• Leave. And once you are gone, you are going to realize the little things that aren't around anymore.

What Guys Said 2

• Well maybe a tragic thing happen to him or maybe he just had a brake up or someing like that and he/she needs the comfort of his/hers family.

• It comes down to the grass is greener on the other side.

What Girls Said 0