People 30+. Can adult relationships be enjoyable?

I keep feeling lonely for emotional & sexual intimacy, but the thought of relationships seems a bit off putting. I picture having twice the chores, a lot of social commitments you don't enjoy and mediocre sex with a partner you aren't attracted to that you're obligated to have.

Are adult relationships really like that or are they ever enjoyable?

Most Helpful Guy

• I just wrote this. www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1816847-were-you-ever-sad-of-getting-older

Love is definitely better as you get older :) Sex needs to be reframed, to be less about the physical gratification of rubbing genitals together.

• How has it gotten better for you?

• Thanks so much for taking time to answer. 😊 How do you think people can feel more?

• I agree with @springocelot. Also, meditation can be helpful :)

Most Helpful Girl

• yes they can. it's what you make of it.

• Do you mind to elaborate, please?

• By removing the conditioning that has made you think negative of relationships in the first place. Easier said than done. It's mostly about remembering back to and creating enough new positive associations that they stick in your mind.

• Cool, that sounds like an interesting thing to try. Thank you for your input.

What Guys Said 2

• They can be enjoyable but take lots of communication and work

• Is it worth it? Or is just doing your own thing better? They kind of sound like another job, a lot of times.

• How do people love in a month, though? Maybe you feel strong sexual attraction (though this seems unlikely to me after your 20s have passed), but actual love?

• Pm me I don't feel like explaining this publicly

• It depends entirely on the people in the relationship. My first marriage was a nightmare. Then I was in a relationship for five years and it was mostly great but in the end it wasn't working. Then I met someone else and we've been together for eight wonderful years. We're happier than we ever imagined we could be, and the sex is great and getting better.

• Is she in the same age range as you or much younger?

• In case you are wondering, you can have a great sex life for a long time if you stay healthy.

• That is good to know. So many of my friends say their sex lives have gotten pretty unfulfilling as we're getting older.

What Girls Said 1

• It depends on the people you pick to be friends with and the lover!