I told him maybe we aren't meant to be, and he said I shouldn't think that way. Meaning?

I've been dating someone for almost four months now, and while we are exclusive, he's not ready to provide a full blown commitment because he's in a place in his life where he doesn't feel completely secure with himself. He wants to focus on himself, his family, his career, before he feels "ready to settle down."

Maybe he's sees me as the woman he'd want to settle down with? He's said prior that he sees a fully committed relationship with me, just not right now.

We had a talk a few days ago, and I expressed concerns I had been having about us (i. e. we are on different levels with the relationship. He wants to go slow, and I'm all about taking it as it comes). We talked it out. What's great about him and I is that we can communicate or concerns without feeling judged.

I told him maybe we just weren't meant to be because I'm ready for a bf/gf relationship now, but he feels he can't provide me that right now, because he feels that he can't be the best boyfriend to me with all his responsibilities.

When I said maybe we weren't meant to be, he said to not think that way. Does this ultimately mean something? Do you think he is wanting to focus on himself so that he can provide me a future? I think he's a little insecure about where he is currently at in his life. He thinks I'm special because I have all my shit together. He says it's attractive.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah I say he wants to be in a relationship with you. He just wants to make sure he can give you his all.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• Maybe means no. Get out now. When you fall for someone you fall from day one.. anything else is learning to love or settling. You deserve someone who wants to be with you regardless of the circumstances.. everyone does.