Would you dump your partner to follow your dreams?

If you got a promotion or got accepted to a better university or college would you dump your boyfriend or girlfriend to per sue it if it's far away Eg in another town or country.
I personally would.

• I would
  • I wouldn't
  • I'd cancel my dreams to stay with them
    Vote C
When I say I'd dump them I mean as a last resort. If he can't come with me or he won't do long distance

Most Helpful Guy

• ain't noone coming in my way to become a NFL pro

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah I would, my dreams outweigh any temporary relationship. If he/she cannot or will not come then as a last resort I would let them go. Maybe it will change in time, but I won't let great or rare opportunities in my life pass me by to be with someone who can't take those opportunities with me. It's okay to be selfish sometimes.

0/2500

Send It!
Sponsored

What Guys Said 26

• at your age? You'd be a fool for not doing it. Statistically there's a 90% chance he or she will NOT be the right one. Focus on getting an education and making a life first.

• Lol I'm single I just known from family that they stayed with partners and didn't get a higher education

• well, that's no good. Stay in school! At the ag of 18 you're NOT mature enough, nor financially stable enough to pull off that stunt.

• Yeah I'd dump her. I'll try to work it out somehow if I thought she was special, but if nothing can be done then I'll just do it. My work/career is my number one priority and I make sure I let that out in the open when I meet someone.

• No, I wouldn't. We'd continue long it distance. I say I don't like long distance relationships, but it's valid only for relationships from the start, if I had to continue something with a girl long distance after having her personally for a while, I wouldn't mind.

• If I didn't want the dream enough to be prepared to dump the girl, then I am not dreaming big enough.

If she doesn't either come with me on this journey, or accept that we need to take a break while I pursue this, then she doesn't love me enough for me to give up the dream for.

• I'm all about me and my money <3
    But its all about this partner in question, and how special she is. Because loyalty is more important then anything else.

• Fuck my dream of being a zombie I love her too much

• I'd only dump her as a last resort. I'd still likely prefer to stay with her if I could. However, if it's clear that it's not working out, then yeah.

• If they aren't willing to do long distance with me, then that relationship suddenly becomes stale. If life picks up for u at a young age then u take that opportunity! And if they can't accept that then u can't accept them.

• Yes, I would, but, as you suggest, it would be a last resort.

• a dream or a career will stay loyal and its yours forever. a woman will leave if you can't support her.

if you have a good job as a man, you can always get a girl.

• I doubt I'd like to be with a partner who got in the way of them.

• Nope. I'd follow dreams and keep my partner. I'm very greedy.

• your partner could in fact be the 'dream' you are referring too

• I would only as a last resort. Though it would still be a painful choice to make.

• Well, my dream is a stable relationship anyway. Soooo, no.

• what is the difference between the last and 2nd last options?

• id take them with me

• Just not ment to be then

• No you just don't do that to somebody, people have feelings you know

• Yes in a heartbeat

• Thankfully for me, I desire non of that. It's good do have an education and to be finatualy

• I wouldI would

• My dream is to get a partner but for some reason I can't. It feels like I'm destined to be alone. Everything else is too easy for me. Getting a girl, having an amazing sex life, and being happy with my soulmate are all mysteries for me and are impossible for me. It makes me jealous how everyone takes their partners, sex life and happiness for granted. I guess I was designed to understand everything but I will never experience love, an amazing sex life and happiness. If I could trade all my knowledge and skills for a girl, an amazing sex life and happiness, I definitely would. It's boring and painful being alone. But if I didn't take this path, then someone else would have to take my place in the multiverse and I'd rather no one else go through what I went through.

• My dream is to have a woman to love and for her to love me. so nope.

• Thats really depends but in most cases yes. I dont do long distance

• My dream is to take a dump on my partner

What Girls Said 22

• I've had to talk about moving a lot with my boyfriend. I wouldn't just dump my partner if I got a new job or got into a new school. I've been with him for a year. And there's no graduate school in my state for the degree I'm pursuing. So, he has decided that whatever school I get into, he will move with me since he is currently not pursuing a degree. I couldn't be more excited to have both my man and my opportunities.
    That being said, if he didn't want me to better myself or refused to work with me, I couldn't stay with him. My life, my dreams. My goals, my success. I would hope to share it with someone who supports me.

• I already did. One year ago I had the chance to studying abroad for all the year, my now ex boyfriend told me that If I do that then he will break up with me, so I dump him.

• NO! I'D just have to make different plans!

• I wouldn't, I don't engage in relationships easily, if I'm with someone it means that I really care for Him and Love him! Dumping him is out of the question, plus, finding Love is my main dream in live, giving up on him would mean giving up on my biggest dream...

• no i won't!! that's selfish af! >:(

• If it were a serious relationship and I could see myself spending the rest of my life with him, then I'd try to come up with a compromise. But I wouldn't dump him.

• not if I was in love. I'd figure out a way to make both work. if we had to be long distance for awhile, I'd try to make sure we skyped everyday, talked on the phone, and make trips to see each other as often as possible.

• I would too but I'm saying of my partner just says no to keep on trying then I'd leave them for my dreams

• I'm single so I'm just going to sit back with my popcorn and watch

• No... I'd just have a long distance relationship...

• I would never need to make that decision. My man will not only encourage me to follow my dreams but will be by my side throughout the entire journey. He has proven this so far.

• Yes but it would have to be a special exception. For instance if the relationship was able starting to be rocky, if I can't do both at the same time or my partner insist on moving with him and giving it up for him then yes I would dump him.

• In the end it's my career that will feed me and provide me clothes, not emotions invested in a relationship.

• That's what Madonna did

• It depends on how serious the relationship is. If it's serious, I don't think I could give him up.

• To follow my dreams, if I had a partner which I don't, I push him out of a moving car to follow my dreams

• it depends. if they meant a lot to me and i knew we were meant to be together I would first see if they would come with me but if not it means maybe i dont mean as much to him. i would do an ldr but i prob would cancel my plans if we were soulmates

• I would probably first try to find a solution to take him with me… If that doesn't work, then I would too. If we are meant to be, we will meet again :-)

• No way in hell. We live together and there is no way I would break his heart like that. My life would be gloom without him.

• I would and I did. He decided to switch majors the week I graduated college. So I dumped him.

• It was me with this situation before and despite it being my lifelong dream I chose my partner because I know I love him and a future without him is simply not a future. I'm now married for 20 years with a son and never regretted it. I still love him the same or even more than I did then.

• My boyfriend is in another state pursuing masters. I trust him and he trust me. Yeah I miss him but I won't come between his dreams. And time pass real soon, just one more year. Then he'll be back.

• Most couples can handle distance to pursue what they want.
    I'm in one state pursing my education. My boyfriend is in another state pursing his dream of the military. We are both doing just fine.