Could you date someone who earns more than you? (Male or female)?

I'm curious as I've seen a few comments from both genders with a bit to say

• SHE would have to earn less
  • HE would have to earn less
  • It doesn't matter
  • I would like HER to earn more
  • I would like HIM to earn more
  • Equal

Most Helpful Guy

• I would. However, the types of careers that make more than myself currently are the careers that require heaps of hours at work. Which would be strenuous on a relationship, so in am indirect way I would be hesitant simply BC of time constraints her job would have.

• If you are making good money, how is it that you are not spending heaps of hours at work yourself? How do you have any free time to enjoy your money, or to pursue any hobbies or interests?

I've seen some of your posts and gather that you are in the corporate setting. Most people I have known that are also in the corporate world work 24/7 pretty much. I don't see how they have time or energy to do anything else outside of their jobs. It's one thing that has scared me away from that environment, though I have a business degree myself.

• I work for myself and currently I am earning an estimated 30k more than my husband annually. I work approxitametly 30 hours per week on a average week but at particular times of the year that can fly up to 50 hours. He's not exactly comfortable with the fact I earn more but nothing I can do

• sounds great!
      i was just speaking in general of course, not implying towards u or anyone in particular

Most Helpful Girl

• COULD I? Yes. With how much my job is set to earn me annually it won't be very difficult to find someone who makes more.

Will I? Probably. Like I said, not very difficult to find someone who makes more.

Is it a necessity? No, not at all.

I'll be supporting my relationship for the first couple years. Just the two of us getting by on 30K a year.

But he's going to law school and his father wants to partner him immediately at his law firm following graduation and give him the practice and then he'll probably pull more than 30K but who knows!

I've been the one making all the money our entire dating relationship though and so it's not a huge deal to continue doing so once we get married.

What Guys Said 19

• Honestly it doesn't matter as long as she earns something. Although if she earns far more, I am not sure she would stick around.

• It wouldn't bother me, though like others have said, I'd worry that she wouldn't want to stay around. I'd worry that she would see me as emasculated.

I'd really like to find a woman that wouldn't make me constantly have to prove my manhood to her. That sounds tiresome.

• So long as she isn't the type of bint to bring that up all the time or look at herself as the one in charge of the relationship/superior to me I don't see why I wouldn't. Thing is, that seems highly unlikely, so for that reason I'm saying no I wouldn't.

• For many years I had a higher income than my wife, now hers is slightly higher.

• Lol of course it doesn't matter. It is quite a relief to know that a chick is not after my assets. It wouldn't make me feel less of a man. I already earn a decent amount, and I'm becoming a professional in the medical field so having someone who earns more wouldn't and couldn't affect my ego at all. I'd be happy to date this girl :)

• I have no problem with a woman earning more than me, but women usually do have an issue with this if it's a persistent state of affairs. Women get very antsy being the higher earner in a relationship.

• It doesn't matter. I mean if she earned less then that would put me in a dominant position lol but if she earned more then not only would we be financially stable, she'd be the boss of the relationship, and I have to say I wouldn't mind that.

• It wouldn't matter really, but i would like her to earn more if possible. It's obvious i won't make much money in academia, i wouldn't mind having a rich wife.

• it doesn't matter but i really wouldn't complain about being a trophy husband :D

• A long as she works and not at some McDonald's or something I'm good

• Yeah money is not a huge factor for me in life I mean I wanna earn enough to be come comfertable but if they earn more than me then thats ok, relationships are not all about money in my eyes

• My fiancée earned more than me when we met and fell in love. I now make more than her.

• It doesn't matter really

• that would be great. I hate women being there just to look good and serve me with pussy and on other side leach my money. That's prostitution.

• I'm pretty secure with myself.
    I'd be fine with it.

• I wouldn't care. Women in their 20s now earn more on average than men the same age anyway.

• Yes, I would definitely date someone who earns more than me. I voted *It doesn't matter.*

• everyone makes more than me.

• If she earns more than me, she earns more than me, it doesn't make me feel any less of man, what it does mean is if we ever have children I call shotgun on being the stay at home dad.

What Girls Said 11

• I don't really care! All i know is someone has to work!

• Considering, I'll be a vet, my family would be rolling in money if he made more than me. But I wouldn't object, just as I wouldn't object if he earned less than me. As long as he was working, I wouldn't care.

• It doesn't matter at all to me. As long as they aren't weird about it, I have no reason to be.

• I do not care as long as they aren't a dick about it.

• I don't care lol
    As long as we both contribute, it's okay

• That doesn't really matter to me.

• Of coursee he should earn more than mee especially that ill be a successful woman he needs to be a successful guy as well i don't want to date a guy who stays at home all day with no goals eww

• Vote E = The men I usually date always earn waaaaaaay more than me = I DO like that :P

• Equal or a little more than me. I probably won't be making much in the future so dunno.

• Yes i could, and I'm currently doing that.

• It doesn't matter..