Guys, Is it possible for a guy to be in love with a girl? Like NOT cheat. And not just because their girlfriend watches their every move?

I feel like every guy I know either cheats or resents his wife/ girlfriend for being the only person they can have sex with. Do all guys just want to be in open relationships or just single in general? Why do guys date girls when they know they probably just want the benefits and don't actually care at all about the person? Why don't guys just stay single and bang sluts

18

Most Helpful Guy

• Some people are just that way but some ant. There's no way I would ever want to cheat on my girlfriend

• Yeah when I date a guy I've never even thought of cheating. I genuinely only want to be with my boyfriend but it seems like guys don't see that way. It's nice to hear that you respect your girlfriend like that.

• In my experience girls are just as bad as guys are about that

What Guys Said 17

• I have no interest in cheating on my wife or wanting to bang anyone else. I do wish that we was intimate more but I don't want anyone else filling that void I rather wait. I know most women don't think so but there are many monogamous men out there that believe in love and sharing the world with one person.

• NO. IT isn't POSSIBLE. ALL GUYS ARE CHEATING, MANIPULATIVE ASSHOLES.
    Happy now? Is this what you wanted to hear?

• I think there isn't really a point in starting to date multiple girls at once when one of them makes you happy.

People typically cheat if that one person doesn't actually make them happy. I'd say it's typically either because they are sexually unavailable, or just emotionally distant. Most likely both at the same time.

• "Why don't guys just stay single and bang sluts"

Because sluts can only do so many guys at once. And also because the combined whining of a million girls all saying "why don't guys want a commitment with meeeeeeee" would eventually reach levels that would damage hearing.

• I wonder the same about girls. I want to meet someone date them and just enjoy loving each other. But too many people don't actually want that. I'm the kind of guy who focuses on that one girl and only her. Sure I might have female friends but I'm dating that girl for a reason.

• Well you know some pretty shitty guys then I have been nothing but faithful to any girl i was with which wasn't many but I believe trust and faithfulness are the most important things in a relationship. I think most guys as they get older they tend to want something more serious but guys in highschool or college just want to have sex with many different girls and not worry about commitment. So yes it is possible for guys to not cheat and want more than just a causal experience with a girl.

• Not every guy uses girls for sex and cheats on them eventually. I've never cheated on my girlfriend and I never will. If I start liking another girl I'd break up with my girlfriend instead of cheating because I think it's better to be straightforward and honest instead of cheating behind her back

• There are a lot of guys out there that don't cheat. You just have to look for them

• I do stay single and bang whores. Who's got patients for all that other bullshit?

• I would probably kill myself if I had cheated. I can't live with that idea.

• I stay loyal to my girlfriend no she does not treat me like a dog I just love her and no one else she's my baby

• There are many reasons why someone cheats on their SO however not all of us guys cheat. I cheated on my girlfriend and It was hard for me to tell her the truth, I did, we almost broke up, things were going fine until she cheated on me months ago... I forgive her. We give it a time and start question our self about the relationship, finally we decided to stay together and our relationship has gotten better. Indeed much better than before. Both of us learn the hard way that cheating doesn't lead to nothing, It's really dumb not to say self destructive.

• Some guys do just stay single and bang sluts.

Some guys would like to bang a lot of sluts, but also want a relationship, and wouldn't want their partner banging a bunch of guys, so view it as a trade off where both agree not to cheat.

Some guys don't like the idea of having sex without a deep attachment, even if they find random women attractive.

Honestly I'd say that -most- guys find random sluts sexually attractive, but most guys i know don't have an -especially- high drive to have multiple partners. Most have some, but it's not that large. If their relationship is great and the sex is great, they're pretty happy and not feeling restrained much.

When guys are in relationships where the sex life is mediocre or worse, they're much more keenly aware of the possibilities that are out there.

And there are the minority of guys that have that high 'multiple girl' drive. They probably should be in open relationships.

• Why then, has my parents been married for over 25 years, happily

• If the man has freedom in the relationship he won't cheat cause he won't feel like he needs to he will feel comfortable but if you don't give him freedom and is very clingy he will just do it's break rules because guys do that.

• I feel like every guy I know either cheats or resents his wife/ girlfriend for being the only person they can have sex with. Well that's normal in most areas, since the guys arn't mature/ready for a real relationship and still want to play around (try what it feels like having sex with another girl)

Do all guys just want to be in open relationships or just single in general?
    Most mature would want a serious relationship, some wants a more casual, some just wants to see what it feels like with different girls, others just to kill time, etc many reasons.

Why do guys date girls when they know they probably just want the benefits and don't actually care at all about the person? Mentioned again, want to try different girls etc etc other reasons.

Why don't guys just stay single and bang sluts?
    I dont know the answer to that,

Further more not all guys are bad, there just not mature enough, also its equal fault for the girl to let the guy lead him on or agrees to sleep with them, as in i'm sure there are some guys that are dicks but doesn't mean its all their fault.

• It's like any other moral temptation. There are guys who if they found a wallet full of money would give it back to the owner and there are guys who would keep the money. I suppose it's possible for a guy to not want any other woman BECAUSE he loves his girl so much but I've never known a guy like that. Mostly guys who don't cheat don't do it because they decided no to be like that. Women seem to want it to be all about the power of their attractiveness but it isn't. If you want a guy who doesn't cheat look for a guy with an honest character, not one who seems to be hyper-excited by you. If he's crazy for you he can just as easily be crazy for someone else.