Guys, what do you really think about younger girls?

I have read two very conflicting opinions: one being that the majority of guys like younger girls and tend to put a preference on them for dating because of their 'youthfulness', 'attractiveness' (in most cases) and their 'innocence.' However, the other is that guys prefer dating women who are more mature, and know what they want in their lives, so put a preference on women their age or older.

Guys, do you have an age limit for who you'd date, and do you tend to prefer older, younger or round about your age?

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd rather young because they're attractive and all that good stuff, but I also want then to not be retarded. I don't think being older helps with that much, but there is a weak correlation.

Wanting older doesn't make sense. Wanting someone who isn't retarded makes sense and that's loosely associated with being older. What guys want is for a girl to not be annoying, stupid, retarded, etc. They want to get along with you well, in other words personality is key.

But that aside, younger bodies are most attractive. So a girl in her late teens early twenties is physically going to be the most attractive and if she also is more mature then sold.

I don't really see how "knowing what you want" is attractive, depends if what you what is completely silliness or not. I've never heard guys talk about this. Let me guess, you're hearing that guys like older women from other women? Because it sounds like projection on their part. "Maturity" and "knowing what they want" is very much classic women-speak. Guys rarely talk about these qualities in women in terms of attractiveness.

I don't think guys are really concerned about girls "knowing what they want" (and personally, I'm sick of hearing that rhetoric). They want an agreeable personality, someone they can be friends with but not have drama or any other bullshit that might come with.

They want a cute best friend, basically. But apparently it's hard to find sensible younger women that are easier to get along with. That's the niche older women fill.

It's a balance between the physical attraction and emotional attraction. The former is more often found in younger women, the latter in older. But the ideal is actually being cute AND chill, regardless of age. Age is really only relevant in terms of having kids. It's kind of an attractive idea to think that a girl is younger than me, but otherwise meh, it's not really something that has any solid reasoning to care about without considering kids.

Most Helpful Girl

• its just sad!

What Guys Said 8

• Personally I could care less. Being in college I haven't dated outside of my graduating class as I have been afraid of what happen post graduation. My current girlfriend is 5 years older than I am and lives over 1000 miles away from me and graduates a semester before I do. I am breaking pretty much ever rule I have ever set for myself besides only dating a good friend. And to be honest its the best I have ever felt. I have come to believe that love will always find a way. If two people actually like/love eachother they will always find a way to make it work. And I believe that we will. I just don't know how that will be and that is scary.

• Most important thing for me is personality. It's how much I really want to be with that person. I've said it before on GAG, as long as no laws are broken, then just about anything goes. Bit younger, same age, bit older. Just doesn't matter.

• Younger girls tend to have a more optimistic and fun mindset about life, from what I noticed. Those traits definitely attract the majority of men.

• I prefer to date older women. I can relate more to them and I tend to get along better with them for some reason.

• The optimal age is between 22 and 28.

• i have to put a limit. I'm still not ready to be a father so she will have to wait some years. If she's way older than me, waiting more years will be dangerous for her to have kids.

So, nature makes me go for younger woman.

• For me it has more to do with maturity. I don't really care about age (as long as they're legal). Immature people in general turn me off

• Age is just a number and doesn't matter if you are both happy that's all that matters in life.
    I tend to go towards the younger side I always have I don't know why really.
    My limit is maybe five years older.
    For how young as long as it's within the law and all parties are happy it's fine

What Girls Said 0