Does living at home hinder ones ability to get a girlfriend?

If so, why?

• yes, a lot
  • A little bit
  • Not too much
  • Not really

Most Helpful Girl

• Not necessarily. It really depends on the specific guy and girl involved. If his personality is at a certain level where he is extremely charming, romantic, alluring, and overall amazing to be around then any wise girl will not be foolish enough to let him slip out of her grasp. I've found that if you can figure out just how to make people feel the right way, they just may accept or negotiate A LOT to be in your presence. It also depends on the girl and where she's at in her life; whether she's living at home or working hard to have her own place. A lot of females won't care unless they are in their late 20's/ early 30's or if the guy seems to have no exit plan/no desire to grow beyond that situation.

• What's late 20s, 27+?

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends on your age and culture.

In some cultural groups living at home till marriage is considered normal. Girls in those cultures will not be surprised by it.

In other cultures, adults are expected to move out, and girls would view a guy who was past university age living at home as a red flag.

What Girls Said 2

• Yes I live at my parents house!

• As long as you go out, I don't see why it's bad.

• I don't haha I am a coach potato!

• depends on your age I think.

The older you are, the more it would likely hinder your efforts.

But not rule you completely out.

What Guys Said 6

• No I don't think so unless her parents are extremely posessive and controlling. Otherwise I think it's actually a simple means to cut down on your budget.

• If you aren't going through university or working it'll look bad. It's more understandable if you're at least working or working towards a degree.

• Just be aesthetic and bang sloots in your moms bedroom lolol.

• I live at home and when i have a girlfriend i go have sex with her at her place. Simple! No big deal

• Maybe just a little bit... depends on the her expectations.

• lol thats a problem but there are worse problems