Girls, would u date a poor man?

As in enough to pay rent, buy food... But not a whole lot more... But enough for the both of you two survive decently... And physically he's he's 7/10 (not as much down there).. But With a small chance of being succefull...

• yes
  • no

Most Helpful Girl

• in all honesty, probably not. it's not that I'm in it for the money or looks alone, but I'm just used to living freely. I'm not used to being so tight on everything, and i love having a good time. id also like a family, and that comes with it's own costs. id like to live in a nice home and not live week to week. this is why i try to work my butt off from my own end, and i know many guys are trying to do the same.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 16

• I'm so glad 3 guys answered no. Because the question was for guys, right? Lol! When I first met my man, he had about 6 roommates in a huge apartment. He had to move out because the building's face was cracking away from the building. I was already pretty set on him, so when he moved, I moved. We ended up in his sister's basement/garage in the winter. We stayed there for a month & a half total, & while there, found out I was pregnant. We didn't have much, so we settled into a studio, that lasted us a year until we wanted out to find more space. In the meantime of finding our current apartment, we stayed at his sister's again, but this time in the living room on a mattress, with our 6 month old son in his pack n play. We didn't have a car until this January, & we just married September 26th after 3 years, one & a half months of knowing each other. Rich or poor, it doesn't matter to me. As long as you have each other. Some people think that's stupid, but when you've lost people dear to you, & you've had difficult times, you learn what's more important.

• I voted yes for what you described but that is not what I would define as poor. That's more of a person who makes just enough to survive which is still richer than most. My boyfriend doesn't make any money. We're college kids and his bank account pretty much stays under a dollar lol. That to me is not a big deal because of the state our lives our in. When I have a family I don't want to be rich, there's no need for it, but I want to be doing well enough to where I don't have to struggle. What you described sounds like a man who is struggling. Yes. I will date him, and I will love him with my everything. However, he needs to be someone who is motivated. When I have a family I want to give them the best life possible. I need someone who also shares that desire. My boyfriend not having a job does not bother me. If I want to go out I can pay for us, because it's about the time spent together not about the cash in his pocket. He wants to own a business, which seems like a difficult thing to do. I will support him and encourage him and aid him in reaching his goals because I love him, I will be by his side forever and always and when he succeeds I'll continue to cheer him on. It's important that you're there in the tough times in addition to the good. But it all can't be tough times and it all can't be good times. There needs to be perseverance. Yes. I would date a "poor" man, but I wouldn't marry someone who's content with achieving nothing for themselves or their family. And as his woman, it's important I help him achieve his highest potential. I need to be his rock as much as he is mine.

• Money is not a deal breaker in my opinion. What I look for in a guy is not how much is in his bank account, but what type of person he is and if he is motivated to always better himself. In fact, I feel guilty every time someone pays for me, because I'd rather it be mutual than one-sided. A guy shouldn't have to pay for everything in a relationship, all he has to do is show me that he cares about me, never cheats, and supports me and my dreams the same way I'd do for him. Anything else is asking too much.

• Meh, I mean... I kinda am? We're students, we can basically afford nothing.

• I don't care; if he can afford that, he's doing well in this shitty economy.

Don't worry boo, I'll get dinner.

• yes i would!

• yeah im totally used to that. i wonder how itd be if i had to like people based on what lifestyle i thought they could procure for me. itd be spiritually limiting in any case.

• Just as long as you can pay for the necessities then I'm good.

• Yes i'd date him. Because most of our dates would be in the park or movie night at my house. I can make it work.

• Money does matter to some extent to me, being poor can mean living with a lot of restrictions, like I don't want it to affect my life and stop me from making the most of opportunities and doing things etc, but if he was 'poor' but not so poor as to do what I said before, than I would date him.
    (Sorry if this doesn't make much sense!!)

• Yes. I'm poor myself. We can be counting pennies together <3

• No man should have do it either. Rent and food? No.

• Cest la vie, la juene fi... (my french isn't very good)

• Money is not a thing that can make us happy. The most important is to find a soul mate and live a happily life together!

• Vote B

I am financially independent with a certain social status and only date likewise.

• My boyfriend and I are already poor but hey, we're young and we still have plenty of time to get our shit together.

• If he can make ends meet, it cool. But if he's always out of gas and having his phone shut off and ot doing his laundry, etc it's not cool.

What Guys Said 7

• Honestly I could date a girl like that because to be honest that's pretty much how I was raised and I am now at least until I finish college and hopefully secure a job, living pay check to pay check not really having money for much other then the essentials, about half my pay check goes to help my family out for various things because me and my father are the only ones working.

So I can relate and understand the struggle better then most and I wouldn't want someone to look at me like that, or reject me simply because of circumstances that are out of my control, not to mention one of my friends is like that to, but he didn't have much choice on the matter, and if some girl treated him like that, that be awful, after all no one chooses to be poor, and we don't want to be poor but life always has it's own plans aside from what we want.

The best we can do is try to get out in front of it instead of being crushed beneath it.

• Very true, you and I are in more or less in the same boat, you just have to keep on paddling, and eventually you may find yourself on the high-side of the waterfall.

• @ZionOrtov sounds about right.

• Gonna have to find a girl who's had that kind of living conditions, and can appreciate a roof over her head and food on the table.

• For casual sex they don't care about the guys wealth, as long as he's hot and fun. For marriage, when they want someone to buy a house and raise kids with, most of them will prefer a guy who makes at least as much as they do.

• Ignore my vote. I just wanted to see what the girls are saying. :)

• You know damn well they wouldn't

• It better be yes, because that's what most single men are.

OOps I voted no, meant to vote yes

• The ladies may love him more if he's packin'

• By packin' I mean having a sausage worth snacking on.

• SO LIKE YOU'RE SAYING IF HE CAN COOK UP A HOTDOG IN THE MICROWAVE AND PUT IT BETWEEN SOME BUNS... MMM... THRUST IT IN... AND PUT SOME KETCHUP ON IT OR MAYBE MUSTARD IF YOU'RE SOME KIND OF SICK FUCK WHO LIKES THAT WW1 CHEMICAL WEAPON GARBAGE... THEN LIKE FO SHO HOMIE.
      BUT ARE THEY ALSO PACKING SOME OVEN PIZZAS OR SOME CHICKEN IN THE FREEZER? THEN DAAAMN.