Is it weird to reach out a year later?

I started dating a guy last December and we really hit it off. However, he was freshly out of an 8 year relationship and seemingly not quite ready to be dating. Unfortunately, things just faded out after a couple of months. We both take our dogs to the same dog park and therefore we have run into each other about once a month or so over the past year. We’re always friendly and usually chat for awhile. I’ve dated other guys but thought about him a lot over the past year and I can’t help but wonder if things would have been different if the timing were different. My friend ran into him at the dog park over the weekend and told me that he asked where I was. Since then I’ve been tempted to shoot him a friendly text as a means of reconnecting and possibly re-establishing contact outside the very occasional run-in at the park. Is it weird that I still have his number and would it be weird to reach out?

What Guys Said 2

• Go for it! Sort of happened to me 35 years ago.

• Nah, just do it. Guys like that shit.

What Girls Said 1

• I don't think it's weird. I dated a guy five years ago and were still in touch and talking about being together again. Sometimes timing isn't right, but if the chemistry is there why not feel it out