Why do guys ditch/bail suddenly with NO explanation?

I'm in college. This is how the past THREE "relationships" I've had have gone:

first day: meet for first time, text everyday, hangout, guys pay for meals, etc.
2 weeks in: start having sex on regular basis.
4 weeks in: still having sex but guy asks me to be exclusive WITHOUT the label of boyfriend/girlfriend, hanging out outside of bedroom. Guy tells me how much he likes me and wants to keep seeing me.
6 weeks in: hanging out regularly, remain "exclusive" as he asked for, but no real "couple" stuff (PDA, meeting friends/family)
8 weeks in: guy suddenly loses feelings, ditches and bails randomly with no real explanation, never speaks to me again.

Is this some new scheme for being friends with benefits or are these guys actually genuine when they say they have feelings? This crap has made me paranoid about every guy I meet and reluctant to talk to a guy more than 2 weeks.

Why do they bail all of a sudden and lose interest at a random point in time especially when THEY ask for exclusivity?

Most Helpful Girl

• If a guy wants to start having sex with you 2 weeks into the "relationship" then you should be seeing red flags already. Especially in college when people are having casual sex all the time. Make guys wait. I think that's where you are going wrong. If a guy is decent, genuine and really wants a relationship he won't be pushy for sex and will spend far more time talking to you than having sex with you.

• I believe you're right :/ I think we jump into sex way too soon, giving the guy the wrong idea.

What Guys Said 4

• I see you're only interested with fuckbuddy's relationship. I'm okay with it, but that dude started growing internal feelings with you thats why he begun disappearing.

• Yeah, it sounds like all of those guys are just not looking for anything but sex and are very immature you should try to be more selective with guys if you dont want to get more of the same. Most guys in college aren't looking for anything serious anyway. Anybody that doesn't have the decency to tell you face to face why they don't want to be with you anymore isn't worth your time anyway.

• They all sound like immature assholes playing stupid games. I've honestly never in my life broken up with a girl and not done it face to face

• That's 7 week too long for college, I never got idea behind having a girlfriend at college? That's just dumb.

What Girls Said 1

• They are not necessarily bailing out all of a sudden, they probably have that intention from the beginning. Their actions are a reflection of who they are as a person. They are obviously players and they are seeking their own interests... not yours. They are also manipulators, learn to recognise the signs in a guy early on. You'll save yourself a lot of heartbreak if you do.