I am 21, have no friends and no romantic interests. Is this normal?

When people have asked in the past if I was in a relationship and told them I wasn't, they asked if everything was okay. People have even "jokingly" speculated if I was gay. What. The hell?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• i get bored around most people i grew up around, friends? ehhh - passable
    the women back there were cute but i had no spark - i had erection but not much else.

it wasn't until i started travelling and meeting new people that i found those people that i thought were cool enough to light my imagination - and it wasn't till after travelling a bit that i met someone that lit my fire.

the other end of the spectrum are people that can find love on any given Saturday night at the local club. and everybody is their "friend"

You think you might be in the wrong environment - among people that bore you.

Most Helpful Girl

• Of course it's normal. I'm 20 and have never been in a relationship and I don't have very many friends either but I'm still having fun so it's okay you're not alone

What Guys Said 10

• Do you want these things but don't have them? Or have you isolated yourself. Also the whole speculating that you're gay either has to do with you comming off that way or that you are attractive and they wonder how you are single. My friend said that about me once it was pretty funny. by the way if you ever need someone to talk to feel free to message me I enjoy meeting new people and talking about problems and stuff 😊

• There's nothing wrong with it as long as you are doing fine. It's really your choice if you want friends or to date.

• To some people, it's not normal. That doesn't mean it truly isn't normal. Those people may not realize that it is. Ignore these people. They are just trying to stress you (either intentionally or not) into finding romance and/or friends.

• It's less common, still, very normal to find people like you.
    Don't stress to much, but you should give yourself more to new people, socialize more, doing things out of your confort zone.

Good surprises comes from that.

• Yeah, it is normal. Some people are just less social than others. There are a lot of people who fit the 2 characteristics that you mentioned, you're alright.

• Most of my friends are online friends. That probably sounds pathetic, but I don't care what people think about it.

• At 21 I am in your position of not having had a relationship or romantic interests at the moment. I'd speculate you are in a transitional period and you will make friends, just be open.

• I did have romantic interests, but I never went for them. I had terrible friends. People also called me gay when I really am straight. I just hate humans in general. I've given up on finding love. I don't think it's normal to not want a relationship.

• I do but I just don't pursue them. No offense to you clearly but the thought of even kissing a man makes me nauseous

• LOOOOOOOOL, I guess you're not comfortable with kissing a guy. Don't worry, it's not that bad to kiss someone. I had my first set of kisses with prostitutes in August 2015. The girls were kind of forceful with their kisses, though. I guess they didn't expect a guy like me to go to prostitutes, they asked me why I didn't have a girlfriend... You seem like a great person, I think you're just scared that's all. I know you'll find a guy you like eventually. But make sure you really like him. I think you're really hilarious.

• Maybe you are asexual.

• I probably am already contemplated this lol

• No it's not normal to have no friends, you need friends

What Girls Said 5

• People can be rude, but also they want the best for you if they are friends or family so to most people, 'the best,' is with tons of friends and coupled up. If you feel as though your life is fine the way it is, and you feel as though you aren't missing out on much, then for you it would be normal/fine, but if you are wanting of these things even if you don't have them yet, then perhaps re-evaluating some things, reaching out more, putting yourself out there more, may be in order.

• yes, you are not alone as much as we sometimes think we are so different or weird. People change and our environment too and you'll realize that AFTER so just be yourself and be happy :)

• Yeah seems about right!

• Totally fine.

• are you asexual?

• No I just haven't found the ideal person