Girls, Best way to be romantic?

Ok, so, I'm 19, but ever since I was young and in Elementry/Middle School, I thought about the Idea of being romantic. The thing is, since i never had a girlfriend technically, I never had to do certain romantic things that encompasses having one, but if were to get a girlfriend how would i be romantic? I don't think flowers or chocolates or cards really mean much, do they? I mean, why spend money on flowers when they're just gonna die? Chocolates are... well irrelevant and cards are just paper that'll wind up getting lost overtime.

Now don't get me wrong, I have no problem getting these things if that's what would make her happy, but do girls really like that stuff in this day and age? It seems old fashioned. I understand it's not the gifts but more so the thoughts and feelings behind them, but personally, I'd rather do something or get something that's long lasting rather than fleeding to show my love/appriciation if i were to do anything at all. What do you think? Am i confused or what?

5

Most Helpful Girl

• A romantic man isn't romantic because he buys the stereotypical romantic things. Its the way he presents himself to the world and his girl. Opening doors for her, pulling her chair out for her when she is going to sit, walking her to her door or making sure she gets in okay, cooking her a meal (no matter if he lacks much cooking skill), being genuinely interested in what she is passionate about, complimenting the things about her that others might not notice or just saying kind things about his women in general, actually planning a date and surprising her, or making the date be something she is really into that others wouldn't think of doing.

What Girls Said 4

• flowers and homemade gifts!

• chocolates and flowers mean a lot to a girl even if it doesn't seem sensible to you. look up romantic things that a girl will appreciate on google im sure you'll figure it out

• Be a gentleman. Open doors for her, walk her to her car (huge one for me), walk her to her door after a date, pick her up to take her on a date, go on REAL dates. They're not really "things" that you can buy, but to me, those things have the most meanings and make my heart happy.

• Chocolate is NEVER irrelevant what in the hell is wrong with you.