Why do traditional dating/relationship people TEND to force their beliefs down your throat?

I'm specifically talking about people who believe in "old fashioned" dating rules, such as the man paying for the date, the woman can't approach or she's desperate, the man has to ask the girl out on a date, the man has to be the provider, while the woman is the caretaker, and the list is endless.

If you have these beliefs-Good for you! I could care less. I personally believe after 15 years in a new milennium, we shouldn't revert back to these old fashioned dating rules.

However, in real life (and on this site), I notice the traditional crowd (surprisingly, still many milennials feel this way) are usually judgmental and act repulsed by the idea of breaking these "rules."

Why is this? Who cares? Let me live my life.

Has anyone else noticed this?

What Girls Said 1

• I have actually have found that it works both ways.
    My personal feelings lie somewhere between traditional and not. I don't think it is right for anyone to force their beliefs about anything down someone's throat. Live your life how you see fit and let others do the same. That is how I feel about everything, so long as you are not harming others in the process.

What Guys Said 1

• Not true I find it to be the other way around.

• Really?

I constantly hear "You're not a real man" or "A REAL lady would do this", and so on. They constantly judge.