Girls, would you reject a guy because he's half a year younger than you?

So i asked this girl out, and she was 14. I was 13, 2 months away from my birthday. She said no because I was "too young." Would most of you do the same, or is it just her?

17

Most Helpful Girl

• Well a half-year isn't a big deal to me, but at that age I think the age-gap in terms of maturity might be more apparent, but even at my age (16) I would date someone a half-year younger than me.

When she said you're 'too young' perhaps she meant in terms of maturity? Not saying you're immature, but just a thought

What Girls Said 16

• I feel like most girls prefer older guys, however, that's not always the case. As you get older, the months apart thing really doesn't matter to most girls... like at all. But for me, at this age, I'd prefer an older guy, strictly because of maturity. Not saying you aren't mature, but only because most boys around my age or immature and can't commit to a relationship. When i'm older, in my 20's, it won't matter so much because that whole age group will be a lot more mature. So, don't worry if this continues to happen to you, it's just an age thing. When you get older, it will become less of a problem. And dont worry, this isn't just a problem for boys, I've been rejected because i was too young as well!

• I would prefer not to date a guy younger but if he was a great guy and I felt a connection I would still go for him.

• At 13 you WERE too young to date.

But I would not reject someone 6 months younger than me (my boyfriend is 2 years and 2 months younger than me) but we did not date when he was 13. Because that's too young. So is 14. So is 15.

• It's just her, and that's her preference. I wouldn't reject a guy for that reason, but there are plenty of women that just simply want older guys. She may change her tune later in life, but I wouldn't worry about it. There will be someone else out there for you.

• half year is nothing. if half a year, or a year younger makes them too young for that person, they're stupid. If they think that way the they should also feel the same way about dating a guy half a year/a year older than her. 'he's too young/old for me to date' lol not every girl is the same. don't worry about it...

• No, I wouldn't.

• Been there, done that. But back then, I was a teen too. If it was today and he was a little younger, he would still be a dateable age man, so probably would not now.

• My actual crush is 7 months younger so NOPE

• Yes. Guys tend to be mentally young, so I only date guys that are AT LEAST 15, and that's young for me.

• its just her

• Nope. as long as he is nice to me.

• LIke others have said - depends on the guy and his personal maturity level. But I have a big crush on a guy who is a few YEARS younger than me but is more emotionally mature than most guys OLDER than me.

6 months is nothing, unless she just meant that you're too immature.

• No, I wouldn't reject him because of that. I would see how much he's mature.. some guys never mature and some faster then other so, years are not the problem :)

• No. I dated a guy who was 6 months younger than me (to the day, literally he had my half birthday and I had his). And it was a great relationship I wouldn't have changed a thing

• No, that's how it is with my boyfriend. But everyone is different.

• at that age yeah i would have. in your early teens that's a big thing. as you get older not so much. i