Why are men much more open to interracial dating than women?

This is a trend I have observed over a period of time. It's just on the internet though, because I stay in a country which is not at all racially diverse.

Men seem to be much more open to date anyone they find attractive, irrespective of race, whereas women usually tend to have a preference only for men of their own race.

Any specific reason for this? Or am I wrong?

Most Helpful Girl

• I've never noticed that around where I live. If anything, I'd say girls are way more open to interracial dating than guys.

In other areas of the world, men may be more 'open to it' than women because they won't face the same cultural/religious limitations often put on women of more conservative religions. That they can only marry someone of the same religion, similar caste, etc.. I think I read something just the other day that it's because the child will always be raised as whatever the religion of the father?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it's more acceptable for men to be out and open with their desire to date interracially. If I say I'm attracted to black women or Asian women or whatever nobody really gives me shit for it but if a white woman says she desires black men or a black woman desires white men there's a lot more social backlash for that at least in the US where I live. I think there's tons of hypocrisy when it comes to gender with interracial dating. Men like to think all women of their race will be loyal and stick to their own but these same men will be chasing around and/or sleeping with women of other races. It's a sexism thing tied into the interracial dating scene. I'm not saying women never get upset over it because they do too but they tend to accept it as something they can't change.

In reality I think there's an equal amount of men and women who want to "date out" but I think it's more socially acceptable for men to admit it and openly pursue it.

What Girls Said 10

• Honestly, i never thought about it until now.
    All of my guy friends, hands down, will date any girl they find good looking regardless of their race, while i on the other hand, have a strict preference for boys my own race (maybe a little something mixed in). I could look at a guy deemed good looking by half america, but if he's not basically white, then i shrug. So, i think you're right i just dont know a reason. I feel like subconsciously maybe its family, a familiar culture, norms, traditions?

• Perhaps you just wouldn't want mixed race kids, although you may not know it yourself!

• Do you find those men physically unattractive, or is there some other reason?

• or race

• Hmm. I feel it's pretty much equal. My sister is married to a white guy.

But that's because we're in the US. I imagine that the stigma is much worse in other countries and cultures. Like isn't it with Muslims, if I'm not mistaken, easier for the men to date other religions? And the women *have* to date Muslims?
    I'd imagine in societies that still don't value women, they might not have the choice for interracial, interreligious (is that a word?) dating even if they wanted.

As big and scary and horrible that feminism is, at least women are free here to choose our mates without being cast away from our families or even facing dangerous repercussions.

• Ummm... I dunno. Maybe men overall are a bit more open to it since women are more meticulous about everything lol. And then you've gotta consider, families do tend to give their daughters a harder time than their sons due to family honor and whatnot so that can sway a woman a lot. ALSO you gotta look at other cultural considerations too since not all interracial dating is treated equally. Like for example, you're desi, so am I. I would say a desi female is much more open to dating a black man than a desi male is open to dating a black female (overall).

• Hmm interesting question because I would think because men want to experience different cultures and it's funny because my boyfriend is WHITE totally white and he said he doesn't like white girl because they're not his type plus he wanted to date outside the box. I respect his opinion for me I'm mixed so I've dated black and Latinos but I love my white boy we get along pretty good

• I think it's more like the other way around. I've come across more women who are open to interracial dating than I have men.

• Hum I think it's more the other way round!

• It's purely sexual. Try a different product now and then.

• I think you're totally out on a limb with this one.

• Men are generally more open to dating more people to begin with, not just people from other races.

• This is the scenario where I live right now but I portray a totally opposite person.

What Guys Said 5

• I don't know about willing to date any race, but our dicks definitely don't discriminate.

• Hahaha! Our dicks are so innocent and naive, they never differentiate racially! ;)

• Hm I don't know about this because I've see a lot of women in interracial relationships.

• cuz we'll take anything.

• I'm not even remotely open to it

• Cause Asian girls are amazing, and since they are a different race they inflate the numbers.

• Now this is a new perspective! Seems unrealistic but still possible.